Just here to say Hi

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
Hi guys come accross this site it looks pretty good I still need help on questions with my old truck ie the IDI.

One gripe I do have is the local Ford dealer reamed me good on GPs I had mom pick me up 2 of them cost me 24 dollars each :mad:

When I got home she told me the price man I was a tad pizzed it was too late to return them because by the time I drive back to the dealer there goes 10 dollars in fuel.

The last time I bought from Ford they were not 24 dollars each that was 2 years ago.

The old girl was hard starting during our 2-3 weeks of cold but now were back to our West Coast winter (rain) the old truck starts fine again.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! :cool

BTW, if there's an Autozone in your area, you can buy the exact same glow plug you got at Ford. It's even the same brand (Motorcraft, although a German company named Beru makes them for Motorcraft).

I think the Beru/Motorcraft plugs I bought from Autozone a year ago were $8 apiece, although I don't know how that translates in to Canadian $$. I doubt it's $24, though. :)

AFAIK, Autozone is the only "chain" auto parts store that sells Beru/Motorcraft plugs; most other chains sell plugs made by either Champion or Autolite, and both those brands are GARBAGE!!! Take a look here for some more info on glow plug brands and whatnot.

Hope this helps some...good luck!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I do believe that the part number that you will ask the parts monkey at Autozone for is ZD-9 (if memory serves). It even comes in a Motorcraft Branded bag (can't beat that) But as Tim says they are much much cheaper, typically half the cost at Autozone.

rubberfish

Reaction score
I've always found the dealer to be a bit on the pricey side for **** too.
If you have a Lordco or Uap Napa in town, see what brand they carry, and what price.
Your boss probably even has an account number at Lordco you can use, and pay cash for them

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Ford price sounds about right. :( My wholesale cost is $17 a piece. This would be one of those rare moments when I say "Get in the zone". :rolleyes:

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
The autoparts stores only carry Autolite,Champion and Bosch the first two is like putting a gun to your head I don't know what Bosch are like.

I emailed D.A.S. they want 17.60 for Beru's so Ford is 6.40 difference ?

If I had to replace all 8 gps and bought through Ford it would cost me 218.00 dollars :cry:

I also need a return line kit soon they said 57 dollars so when it comes time to replace the O rings and probably the caps too I will order them. I try my hardest not to disturb the return lines or caps as its like waking up a sleeping dog you know you will end up with troubles.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Pacific,

do you have an International dealer close at all? I bought my plugs from one in Spokane, Washington for $10 each U.S.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online