Junkyard Score!!!

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Also, since the head is off I will try to port it myself as best as possible. See what that will do ;Sweet

Be careful porting the head, you have to get the air flow the exact same on all of them.

Could turn out to be an expensive learning experience.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Those are the connecting rod bearings. All of them on the top side were worn just like that.

All are standard size bearings

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well....

New rings, new bearings...and the bottom end is all bolted back together. Crank was in perfect condition so went with standard size bearings.

Tommorow, I will set the head on it, and get the valves all situated. Get the pump bolted back on, and if I am doing good, throw the injectors and injector lines onto it.

If not, by thursday I should be able to throw the front cover on it, and try to figure a way to get it to crank on the engine stand.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Got the engine roated 90 degrees so it is in the upright position. Cleaned the block, and put the head on. Talk about a pain in the **** with the torque value's. 90ftlbs plus 90* turn for the very last step. Dont know what torque that equats to but I was having a hard time with a breaker bar.

Tommorow I am going to put on the oil filter housing, intake (the piece that bolts to the head), and then get all the fuel lines in with injectors. Perhaps, I can turn it over tommorow.........

FordGuy100

Reaction score

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Tomorrow it gets it's front timing cover and power steering pump. Then it gets a bath the next day. And hopefully Saturday it will be running ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance