Johnmal's old truck - still alive!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I think it was over 2 years ago that I bought Johnmal's 84, that was condemed by rust. Truely the rustiest truck I think I've ever seen. Even the frame is condemable. Anyway, the motor and trans were good in it, and I wanted to move it to prep it for dismantling after the rally. It had not run, and has been sitting outside basically abandoned all that time, untreated in any way. I was a little afraid of what might have happened to it. I spun the old oil filter off, and filled a new one and put it on. I checked the dipstick - no oil showing. It's on an angle though, so maybe that's what it is.... oh well, I just dump the remaining 3 quarts from my jug into the filler. No rust under the cap! That looks promising. We beat the spiders and bees away enough to get in the cab. Oh, I hate that smell of dead truck. And that sticky steering wheel. What causes that anyway? To much humidity inside I imagine. I bring the Moosestang around and hook two sets of jumper cables up to the dead battery that is in it. I send Graham into the cab (that's what kids are for... I'm not getting in it, who knows what's in there?) He hits the starter, and it turns over real slow, but STARTS! And runs like a clock! Sounds great. No smoke in the exhaust! I'm amazed. We let it run up to operating temp, and then moved it around a little. Damn these trucks are tough. ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still looking for that next host truck. :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I'd really like is a 93-96 Bronco. I'd also consider an F-150 short bed, any year 83 on.