I've Had Such Good Luck - Batteries

Puddle Pirate

Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
I have had remarkably few problems with my 04 (03 engine) KR dually. I was a bit disappointed this morning however.

I have just under 20,000 miles on this vehicle. The temps out last night was around 28 degrees. I went out to start it this morning at about 5:00 am and all I got was clicks. RATS!!

So, I take my wifes Thunderbird (I hate driving it).

This afternoon when I got home, - still no start. I had to jump it from the Thunderbird.

Looking at the eyes in the battery - it shows green with red in the middle.

So, down to the dealership I go. Now the truck sits in their lot - to determine in the morning what the problem is.

It appears to be charging, so I am wondering if I just had one OK battery and one that was below par and is just sucking the juice out of the other.

The only thing I have plugged into it, (other then the rear radio controls - but that should not matter) is my alarm system with remote start.

Just sitting here wondering if Ford is going to give me a hassle over it.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should be able to determine if you have a draw on your system, if so then you are off to the hunt to find out what is drawing. If no draw on the system then maybe your batts just went kaput. I know its only two years old and 20K miles, but sometimes batts just give up the ghost.

Puddle Pirate

Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
They should be able to determine if you have a draw on your system, if so then you are off to the hunt to find out what is drawing. If no draw on the system then maybe your batts just went kaput. I know its only two years old and 20K miles, but sometimes batts just give up the ghost.

Picked up the truck. They checked and found no draw. They also say it is charging properly, but, I still have the red eye. They did not replace the batteries as they say they are ok. Now I know this dealer is full of it.

They did not check the wiring, nor did they check for the amount of draw the glow plugs make.

I'm back to square one. Guess, I will have to find another dealer.

Puddle Pirate

Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
budtoh3zo said:
Sorry to hear that, did u try charging the batterys up with a charger just to see?

The Ford (Stealership - in this case) had a charger on it for most of the day, and it still shows red dots......

Going to take it to another dealer around here, who I hope will take it seriously.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and go to AutoZone (or whichever you have) and have them load test the batts. Armed with thier little print out go back and talk to your dealer (assuming the load test shows faulty batts).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online