Its either gonna sell or im crushin it

zukinut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, i never drive the F350 anymore. Ive sunk well over 6 grand in making it a 100% reliable truck. I would drive it anywhere and tow/haul anything with it. But, im only driving it like 100 miles a year now. I hate to see it sit. Its such a good truck. Im gonna give yall some specifics and tell me if you think my $3k asking price is to much. If it doesnt sell, im gonna part it out (the 5spd only has 2k on it now) and then crush the rest.

Details on the truck
1989 F350 2wd standard cab 5spd dually flatbed
front tires brand new, 4 rear tires are in great shape.
Brakes are new, all rubber lines, drums shoes rotors pads calipers.
Clutch, slave and clutch master are 2k old
Transmission has only 2k on it as well
Brake booster and brake master are brand new
vaccum pump is a year old
Injection pump has about 800 miles on it.
ALL o-rings in the fuel system have been replaced
Coolant is new and has the correct mixture
The engine only has 113,000 miles on it.
Wired for trailer brakes and lights 4 and 7 pin.
New ujoints
Has hidden 5th wheel ball in the bed
Has class IV hitch on the frame
66 gallon aluminum fuel tank

Interior is great shape, body has a few dings and needs paint but its a great truck. Hate to get rid of it, but its costing me money to store it.

I was thinking the 5spd swap stuff (trans,clutch, pedals, slave, master) was worth about 1500 since the trans itself was completely rebuilt and cost 1500 bucks itself.

The motor is low miles so its worth about 600 It should bring about 700 to crush the rest.

Let me know what yall think, if anybody is interested let me know. Its gotta go.

Will

rckslash2010

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has had any luck with ebay. Put it up for auction with a reserve of $3500. It's worth a shot if it doesn't sell otherwise. Heck, maybe you'll get more.:dunno

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont crush it!!!! I promise you that you will get more money out of parting it out and feel better about not crushing the body...

zukinut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see thats the thing. everybody tells me to part it out. ive tried but nobody buys the parts.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's hard to believe but then everybodys tight with their dough. Understandable in this shaky economy. The ZF5 should be an easy sell, someone always wants one of those. A fairly new IP should et you a few hundred. I'd love to take that 66 gallon fuel tank off your hands but I have no money right now. I bet it's worth some money. The rest of the stuff could be kinda hit or miss depending on what people need and the condition of the body and engine.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post some pics. If you were near Arizona I could sell that truck in one phone call. Sounds like a nice dependable tow rig.

zukinut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOTHING is wrong with the truck. If you baby it, itll get 17 highway. If you drive it hard itll get 13hwy. Its been gettin 13 hwy towing 6k 4-9% grades.

Truck is EXTREMELY reliable and dependable. I love the thing, i just no longer need it. I know ill never be able to replace it for what ive got in it.

Ill try to get some pics tommorow.

Will

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can crush it right to my driveway, I'll even come get it and pay you 100.00 more than the scrap value

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle