it runs!

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck runs great, amazing what a new pump and injectors can do for one of these things. I had to end up making my own olives for the supply line between the filter and injection pump and the two bolts that mount the fast idle solenoid were too long, had to get shorter ones at lowes.:dunno

I have one issue, this thing hauls ass like no diesel I ever drove before. The problem is that it blows alot of black smoke when I jump on it. I think they turned the pump up too high and I will probably have a problem come smog time, or I can register it in northern Nevada at my dads place where they dont have smog laws.

How bad does it hurt these things to move that much fuel? I could not feel the turbo spool up before but now this thing scoots!

I guess I should call Pensacola monday and address the smoke issue.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you better put a pyro on this motor before you melt it down.:eek:
you're overfueled. but it can e controlled by a careful throttle foot.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it has a pyro and a boost guage. I watched it a little bit tonight the few times I jumped on it from stoplight to stoplight and it didnt seem to go much over 400, I'm sure if I was haulin up a steep grade it would probably shoot right up.

I'm sure I will have to turn the pump down alittle bit, I just want to contact Pensacola first. Is there anything else that would cause that type of excessive smoke? It starts right up and idles great, none of the vibrating and shaking it had before.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
if it running real good and you dont have high egts, then if iy was me i would leave it alone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online