Issues with Pensacola IP

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I purchased an IP from Pensacola to get me through my move. It made it but it was a dog. It looks like the fuel settings are all screwed up on it and when I called them about it they were no help to me. To get the truck the idle it needs to be at just about half throttle, otherwise the RPMS are too low and it dies. So then when you are at Full throttle it feels like half throttle. I opened the pump up to turn the fuel screw up but it was already most of the way up and didnt make any sort of difference. Is there an adjustment I cant make to fix this or should I just wait till my moose is ready?

Thanks,
Chris

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Easy answer is wait for a moose pump. Sorry your learning about pensacola the hard expensive way. I have one of their pumps and it was ok till it started leaking out the advance pump shaft on the drivers side. So now its a spare item waiting for a baby moose conversion...

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i didn't have much of a choice, I have been on the waitlist for a moose for a while now and had to move from Missouri to Rhode Island and wasnt going to deal with a leaking pump. Truck runs good, just a ****. Ended up averaging 17 - 18 mpg. Is there an adjustment somewhere that can be made to bring everything back or did they screw something up inside?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If they had to near max the fuel screw just to calibrate it on the bench, that thing is pooched. They had to do that just reach something approaching a min spec. which doesnt exactly shock me after having delt with one of their pumps before that we couldnt time the thing due to irregular injection pulse signals from unevern pressure coming out of the thing. in otherwords, junk out of the box.
Heck, even my diesel careless pump has managed to make it around 80k miles before getting to the crapping out point where you are now, which was sheer luck considering their injectors went TU before 6 months passed :backoff

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Sorry to hear bud.

Don't let your truck rot up there! Didn't you go from California to Missouri? Now Rhode Island? That poor California truck LOL

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha its all good. It got me to where i needed to go. And yeah I drove it from Cali to missouri, now RI. Oh and i have the original dealer key tag from Washington haha. I wont let her rot away. I will try and drive it in the slow as little as possible. I have a subaru for that now.