ISO Flexplate Spacer

Justin B

Reaction score
Good morning,

I have a cracked Flexplate on my 1990 F250, E4OD combo. It's of the two piece design, thin Flexplate mated to a cast iron flywheel/ring gear. I got excited when I found a replacement Flexplate for under $100, but now I've come to the realization that I need the elusive crankshaft spacer to make that method work.

Does anyone have a lead on the thin Flexplate for the two piece design, or more preferably, a lead on a crankshaft spacer to retrofit to the widely available one piece flexplates?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
What happened to the one that was on your truck when the flexplate cracked? You should just be able to reuse that one.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I stumbled upon the spacer on R&Ds website, but I'm not sure if that's the one you need or not. Just remember seeing it.

Justin B

Reaction score
IDIBRONCO, not sure I follow your question. I don't have a spacer, rather, I have a heavy cast flywheel with a thick hub, flexplate is placed inside that and the whole assembly bolted to the crank.

chillman88, I stumbled across his yesterday in my search, that one would put a hurtin' on my fun money, but it does look like a long-term solution, especially for those making more power.

I did find my style flexplate on eBay, $85, looks like a reproduction, not Ford factory, I'll follow when it gets in next week.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
IDIBRONCO, not sure I follow your question. I don't have a spacer, rather, I have a heavy cast flywheel with a thick hub, flexplate is placed inside that and the whole assembly bolted to the crank.
Really? I thought those only came outwith a C6. I thought that the ones that need the spacer were for the E4OD.

Vern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
‘92 E04d van

You must be registered for see images attach

Va_Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the one you ordered isn't correct, I am pretty sure I have that spacer sitting in a box of parts I pulled off a 1989 7.3 parts truck that had the E40D. I have a ZF5 so I have no need for it.

Justin B

Reaction score
A follow up with good news, the plate came in and was a direct fit, seems to be of the same quality as the original, at least thickness and weight. Took me some time to get everything back together but it's in the truck and she's running good.

The ebay seller is wwwseautocom and the description for the plate is "FORD 7.3L,6.9L/ NONTURBO FLEXPLATE (33848) E40D, C6 DIESEL TRUCK OEM E3TZ-6A366A". I don't know if they'll have more, but might help someone else in the future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin