is this what i need?

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a big believer in the pressure driven centrifuge, I have a PA Biodiesel 108 GPH model and have processed quite a bit with it. I normally make 10 passes on it just to make sure but there's quite a few folks that are happy with just 3-4 passes. To give you an idea of ease of use, I just processed 100 gallons and all I had to do was flip it on at 0700, go to work, come home at 1800 and clean the rotor (took 5 minutes), flip it back on, and let it run until I cam home the next day at 1800. At 108 gph, that's almost 38 passes. Definitely overkill, but since I have the time and it's automatic, then why not? I have all the confidence in the world that my fuel is cleaner than what I can get at the pump.

As for the bypass, I'm setup so that there is no bypass...everything that's sucked through my pickup tube goes through the centrifuge.

And for pressure, the PA Bio setup needs around 80-85 psi but I run anywhere from 80-100 with no ill side effects.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so im pretty set on this setup seems good, now i have a question, i have two 55 gallon barrels, both are that nylon plastic type barrels and i see that the pa biodiesel set up just recirculates the same barrel, i before was gong to use two barrels one for bad wmo and one for clean wmo so now i ask can i heat using these type of barrels and are there any ideas of how i can combine these two barrels so i didnt waste money buying two of them?

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Industry standard for cleaning up lubricants is 7 pass, I have a filter cart that pumps 10 gallons a minute I turn it on for 50 minutes after I upflow process 50 gallons and dump in 5 gallons of RUG.

My first batch of filters lasted over 800 gallons, then I picked up some dirty crap and clogged.
So the filters will last a long time...

Javier

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
In regards to using both barrels, I am still setting up, but I run from one barrel and suck through 3 filters down to 2 micron into my secondary barrel where I can close off the barrel and run it through my centrifuge. Hope this is clear. It all uses the same pump.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is clear, i think i like the way you are setting yours up, and good to know filters last a while, thanks everyone i appreciate the info, im going to start getting my stuff togehter pretty sure of what i want to do now

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Industry standard for cleaning up lubricants is 7 pass,...
Javier

Where'd you find this info? I've been trying to find similar info for a long time and have failed....I'd specifically like to see a lab experiment where they take a dirty fluid, and record how many centrifuge passes it takes to make it clean. Thanks!

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In regards to using both barrels, I am still setting up, but I run from one barrel and suck through 3 filters down to 2 micron into my secondary barrel where I can close off the barrel and run it through my centrifuge. Hope this is clear. It all uses the same pump.

I'm pretty much the same except I use totes.

Tote #1 is where I collect my oil, add gas, let it settle, and drain from the bottom.

Tote #2 is where I pump all but the bottom 10 gallons of Tote #1 (I don't filter from #1 to #2), and centrifuge it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online