Is this allison transmission working right?

Mechanicfingers

Reaction score
The above pictures are transmission it only has white connected to neutral safety switch. The factory tcm wires are in frame rail not connected. Had pot covet on one side vacuum pod on one side that's it. No other wires.

Mechanicfingers

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Mechanicfingers

Reaction score

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sorry but I do not recognise this trans. I do recognise the gear vendors switch but can't see if the trans has the gear vendors behind it. Can't tell you what the hanging plugs are either.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do recognise the gear vendors switch but can't see if the trans has the gear vendors behind it.
Post #17 shows it.
--------
I still say, you are going to have to test things out. Disable the GV by unplugging it under the vehicle, and then see what you get. Fix the transmission issues by themselves first, then see what happens with the GV.

Mechanicfingers

Reaction score
the gv setup is unplugged under dash for power . when i drive it shifts first gear at 2000 RPMS almost 20 mph then 2nd gear goes to like 35 and shifts at like 1800 RPMS again, then it down shifts at like 20 mph to first gear , but it shifts hard that the tires kind of break loose some,have not drove it faster than that yet,tomorrow i will give it a good ride down road and see what happens

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm doing some research right now. allisons normally have a vac modulator and a throttle value cable to adjust the shift point and firmness. does your vac on the trans connect to a VRV valve on the side of the injection pump or does it just connect to the vac tee ports on the firewall?

Mechanicfingers

Reaction score
Vacuum line *** not hooked up to tee on firewall. Hooked it up runs like dream now. Thank you guys. Happy new year. I will get it registration this week and drive on freeway and see what this gear vendor unit does and let you guys know. ☺✌

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if that engine and trans came out of a bus or passenger van or something?

That's defiantly an Allison. I'm not positive but I believe towcat is correct on a 545. If I recall that is a non O/D and non lockup trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mechanicfingers

Reaction score
Thank you .From what he told yes the trans did come out of a bus. It has adapter plate to bolt up too motor. Can you explain lock up and no lock .And the advantage or disadvantage of each? . I believe the gear vendor is giving me overdrive correct? Any idea what gear ratio is ? On this 545

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online