IPR.......

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Correct me if wrong, but when you remove the IPR....isn't the HPOP oil supposed to drain out?

I'm scratchin' my *** on a friends '02 no start issue and am almost sure the IPR is at fault....removed it and NO OIL drained out cookoo :dunno

any clues?????

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it should drip a little but not much.you can take the ipr apart and clean it out.blast some brake cleaner or ether into the tip of of it and shake it around.when its cleaned out and you shake it while holding to your ear you should here the little needle inside rattle around.if you have a spare IPR for 96-up toss it in there and see if it runs.96-03 uses the same IPR.i dont have a spare or id send it to you.all i have is IPRs for 94.5-95.

on edit: im sure you have checked to make sure you have fuel pressure.have you tried the CPS as well,(im sure you have)if you used that new cheapy cps go get a ford or IH cps and try it.ive gotten 3 bad cps when buying those cheap ones.how much fuel in the tank?99-up also had that rubber thingy on the sending unit like our OBS trucks and run out of fuel at 1/4 tank just like we do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin