introduction

IamDave0887

IDI nutcase
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

I'm Dave, if you couldn't tell from the user name. LOL

A friend of mine told me about Oil burners a while ago and being an IDI owner i figured I'd join up. Been here a bit but haven't posted until today.

I've been playing with IDIs since 2007 when I bought my 96 6.5T. After i heard that IDI diesel rattle to life i was hooked.

Bought my 6.2 K-5 2 years later in 2009.

Been punishing myself with these old Detroits, but there's just something about them that I'm stuck on. It must be the sound of an IDI V8, be it the IH 6.9/7.3 or the 6.2/6.5 Detroits. They both sound awesome.

Glad to be here, and hopefully i can be of some use. :D

turbonator

gm diesel guys, AKA turbonator
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

A friend of mine told me about Oil burners a while ago and being an IDI owner i figured I'd join up. Been here a bit but haven't posted until today.

I've been playing with IDIs since 2007 when I bought my 96 6.5T. After i heard that IDI diesel rattle to life i was hooked.

Been punishing myself with these old Detroits, but there's just something about them that I'm stuck on. It must be the sound of an IDI V8, be it the IH 6.9/7.3 or the 6.2/6.5 Detroits. They both sound awesome.

welcome to the forum dave, it is kinda slow in here, but it is the forum we joined before DP, there are a few guys on here that are gm nuts... myself included...LOL

turbonator

gm diesel guys, AKA turbonator
Reaction score
welcome to the forum dave, it is kinda slow in here, but it is the forum we joined before DP, there are a few guys on here that are gm nuts... myself included...LOL

oh yeah and for sure you will be a great help....;Sweet

Bryce_Burden90

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

Hey Dave, I just joined up here as well, hope we both enjoy Oilburners as much as we do Diesel Place, welcome aboard.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
big advantage of this place is YOU can make this quiet little corner of the internet whatever you want it to be. there's plenty archived here and it won't get taken away from you and turned into book form "for profit" I don't do much with the DS4 systems, so I am a little weak on the ins and outs of them other than basic maintenance. I have played with the turbos a little and my favorite combo is the Banks TE06H mounted on a GM factory system. I've referenced heavily to Oliver Diesel's website for their ideas and ran with it from there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online