International Fuel Systems

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Whats the general consensus in regards to International Fuel Systems? Truck I recently bought has a freshly rebuilt injection pump and injectors from International Fuel Systems. I wonder if they are actually a reputable rebuilder? Ive got the receipts and they certainly charge a premium price.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
CDX825,

Don’t let the lack of response make you think folks don’t care.

First I have heard of them. So it will take the right member to respond. This not one of the recommended rebuilders on this site but does not mean they are not good. Just few have likely used them.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's lots of people who do it right, but only a handful that are known well to the collective group that repeatedly turn out reliable products. That's really the reason we keep echoing the same people.

It's not that nobody else can do a good job, it's just that we all know those people ALWAYS do a good job and stand behind their products.

I've never heard of that company either for what it's worth.

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh, they used to be top notch years ago. I wouldn't use them now.

We bought a turbo for a duramax through them a few years back. Old turbo was worn out and passing oil, "rebuilt" turbo blew coolant out the exhaust immediately at start up. Sent it back in for warranty and it was declined because "there was coolant in oil side of the housing, so you're engine has failed and ruined the turbo, no warranty for that"

:idiot:

A turbo from the chevy dealer had the truck back on the road, and the shop ate the cost for the "mistake". So no, we'll never use them again.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I'm really questioning the quality of their work. The truck starts up fine and sounds decent but its smoking a bit and I'm having a time getting the timing set.

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can be without the truck for a week or so, I believe Wes of CDD has an inspection service where he can put your pump and injectors on his stand and make sure it's working correctly instead of just jumping in for a rebuild. Or there's likely a fuel injection shop somewhere near you that could do the same.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online