Instrument Cluster

Reaction score
Here's a couple pics of my new instrument cluster setup. It's not done yet, but you can at least get a good idea of what it's going to look like.

Paul

Attachments

• InstClust.JPG
    InstClust.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 50
  • InstClustClose.JPG
    InstClustClose.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 31

HiWayMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6point9diesel said:
Here's a couple pics of my new instrument cluster setup. It's not done yet, but you can at least get a good idea of what it's going to look like.

Paul

;Sweet :thumbsup:

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
That’s gonna be sweet. A wholesale change out of gauges is one way to get the info you need. I like it.

Reaction score
My 6.9 doesn't have the port for the factory tach sensor. I've put together a recipe for a digital tach display that'll run about $200. I'm planning to do it, but I'm going to try and get my rig on the road first. Had to go this route...I've spent my last cold early morning pulled over on the side of the road with the hood popped checking to see if my oil pressure really is at zero.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, that setup looks sort of familiar! :) I drew up a concept to do something similar a couple of years ago...I haven't done it solely due to lack of $$. My setup would fit 8 gauges...six 2" and two 3 3/8". I figured on putting a speedo and a magnetic-read tach in the 3 3/8" spots, and using the others for pyro, boost, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, and fuel level...and then putting a voltmeter and an ammeter below the cluster in single-gauge bezels where my pyro and boost currently are. I'm also thinking on the line of using a wood panel and mounting it at the very edge of the current dash layout, so it's as close to the driver as possible.

But, with all Isspro EV gauges, I'd be looking at $1000+...so it's a distant-future project...

I'm not a big fan of Autometer gauges, but otherwise looks like a very clean install!! :cool

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is really sweet! PLEASE PLEASE do a write up on that for our tech article section. ;Sweet I'll be glad to help you.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Warden said:
Hey, that setup looks sort of familiar! :) I drew up a concept to do something similar a couple of years ago...I haven't done it solely due to lack of $$. My setup would fit 8 gauges...six 2" and two 3 3/8". I figured on putting a speedo and a magnetic-read tach in the 3 3/8" spots, and using the others for pyro, boost, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, and fuel level...and then putting a voltmeter and an ammeter below the cluster in single-gauge bezels where my pyro and boost currently are. I'm also thinking on the line of using a wood panel and mounting it at the very edge of the current dash layout, so it's as close to the driver as possible.

But, with all Isspro EV gauges, I'd be looking at $1000+...so it's a distant-future project...

I'm not a big fan of Autometer gauges, but otherwise looks like a very clean install!! :cool

For about $1000 you could do a custom digital dash with Dakota Digital gauges. I believe that price was for their 6 gauge setup... mph/odo/trip, tach, oil pres, water temp, battery, and fuel info. Details are on their site: www.dakotadigital.com.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin