Injector pump replacement- how to?

10fords

Reaction score
The time has finally come to replace the IP in my 87 6.9. I recall reading a good how to tech article here some time ago, but I cant seem to find it now. Can anyone direct me to it? Also, I am thinking of using the IP from my wrecked truck that hasn't been started in about 2-3 years. Is this feasible, or should I not waste the time and just buy a rebuilt(unfortunately money is an issue for me right now:dunno ).Thanks for any advice-Scott

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Pump article to find it look in the IDI tech articles at the top of the main IDI page.

You could try a pump that has been sitting that long, but I wouldn't count on it working, especially if the fuel system was opened up and the thing went dry internally. Probably better off with a rebuilt unit.

10fords

Reaction score
RLDSL- thanks for the link, thats exactly what I was looking for. Not sure why I couldn't find it-must be the MOD(multiple offspring disorder)!! The fuel system hasn't been opened up so I'll pull the pump for practice, have a good look at it, then see how lucky I feel! Thanks again-Scott

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin