Injection pump for 94 idit upgrade

Themudgician

Reaction score
Hi. Im going to replace my injection pump on my 94 idit. Does anyone recommend a preferred pump for this truck with factory turbo. I would like a better performing truck but dont want to stud the heads. Thanks for any info.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run a 90cc r and d idi pump, more fuel than stock defiantly helped on power, I have a factory turbo with upgraded compressor it does very well. No smoke unless I plant my foot in it but it's clears quickly. They also have a 80cc pump with is just over stock fueling I belive which probably has less smoke at wot. Conestoga diesel also has pumps that perform more than stock I can't remember which order they go in but he has stock turbo cal then 100cc and maybe one between there as well. Both are great choices in performance pumps!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't need to stud the heads. I would turn up the IP fuel about 2 hex, see how that does.

Has your timing ever been checked?

You can also re-torque the original head bolts to 100 ft lbs., just follow the tightening sequence.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi. Im going to replace my injection pump on my 94 idit. Does anyone recommend a preferred pump for this truck with factory turbo. I would like a better performing truck but dont want to stud the heads. Thanks for any info.

Head on over to moosepump.com and take a look at the quality performance IP's such as the popular bull moose.I run one of these on my chip truck and she gave her a nice kick in the pants.:D

Conestoga Diesel Injection
moosepump.com

Chip truck sports an intercooler and I installed the smoke puff limiter too cus I like to roll coal.......without the coal.:D
Seriously though,Mel will be happy to help ya right out.
Looks like you click on "products" then "ford" then you'll see the IP options that would suit your truck best.

Last edited:

Themudgician

Reaction score
You don't need to stud the heads. I would turn up the IP fuel about 2 hex, see how that does.

Has your timing ever been checked?

You can also re-torque the original head bolts to 100 ft lbs., just follow the tightening sequence.

Themudgician

Reaction score
The truck has 108,000 miles on it. When it sits 20 min or so after being hot it runs ruff for a min and smokes . Figured i would replace pump due to miles on it and replace injector caps and return lines. Also pulling air in from rear tank. Looks to be leaking around selector valve. Thought about sumping both thanks and pulling fuel out of bottom of tanks and running new feed lines to valve. Im confident in replacing pump but the timing has me a little worried. I dont think it ever been checked that i know of

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chip truck sports an intercooler and I installed the smoke puff limiter too cus I like to roll coal.......without the coal.:D
I've done the same thing with my 110CC pump from R&D. Yes, it's a little money, but it is /so/ worth it.
Before, you could easily 'overfuel' it off idle, making it jerk and almost die(in a massive cloud of smoke) when trying to accelerate quickly... which is always at the worst possible time.
With the smoke puff limiter adjusted, it's really hard to make it smoke. Pretty easy to accelerate quickly with /no/ smoke, and it tends to control fueling to match boost.
It makes it much more fun and easy to drive.

I'd probably recommend a 90CC pump; something reasonably powerful without being too expensive.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did moose jr and mister injectors, truck had 90k when I got it not running, needed a pump, also put in new glow plugs same time, starts great winter or summer, very little smoke.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done the same thing with my 110CC pump from R&D. Yes, it's a little money, but it is /so/ worth it.
Before, you could easily 'overfuel' it off idle, making it jerk and almost die(in a massive cloud of smoke) when trying to accelerate quickly... which is always at the worst possible time.
With the smoke puff limiter adjusted, it's really hard to make it smoke. Pretty easy to accelerate quickly with /no/ smoke, and it tends to control fueling to match boost.
It makes it much more fun and easy to drive.

I'd probably recommend a 90CC pump; something reasonably powerful without being too expensive.

The people who haven't tried one of these and say they can just do this with their foot just don't understand do they? What a clever little device!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online