Information on what a EEC test is

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I was cleaning my engine all the parts I can besides taking the engine out n seen on the driver's side above the big fuse box a EEC test picture below and google-fu turns up nothing n I have been curious what it's for.

Any help would be appreciated

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That's the diagnostic plug to test your E4OD transmission. EEC stands for Electronic Engine Control and the E4OD transmission is the only thing that's computer controlled on these trucks.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the diagnostic plug to test your E4OD transmission. EEC stands for Electronic Engine Control and the E4OD transmission is the only thing that's computer controlled on these trucks.

Thanks srry late response was at work, on this subject where would one be able to hook the obd1 for code reads some one to me behind the glove box under the dash but never even bothered to look since I've never known there to be a computer on there for stuff n I'm a novice as code reading on old trucks

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm no expert on the subject, but I, personally, haven't seen any diagnostic port hidden behind the glove box. Either OBD1 or OBD2. There could be, but I just haven't seen it or heard about it.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert on the subject, but I, personally, haven't seen any diagnostic port hidden behind the glove box. Either OBD1 or OBD2. There could be, but I just haven't seen it or heard about it.

Been youtubing n seen there is not one there that I know of n took my glove nkb off just for chits n giggles just that eec test is for obd1 reader.

Thanks for all the help

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I do know that at least in the mid 90's, Chevy put their ECM (computer) there on their 6.5 powered trucks. Maybe others too. Their diagnostic ports were still underneath the dash.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I do know that at least in the mid 90's, Chevy put their ECM (computer) there on their 6.5 powered trucks. Maybe others too. Their diagnostic ports were still underneath the dash.
Yeah, with the ds4 pump. (Not mechanical, is computer controlled. And drive by wire)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online