Im still here

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Figured I would post up for any that may be concerned about my absence of late. I have been way, way, way beyond busy. Im now working part time for a mercedes shop in the mornings, at the dealership at night, and side work when Im not sleeping. My fiance and I are getting married in july and we are haveing the wedding here at the house. That means a metric butt ton of work to get everything ready (toppgun and family just tilled the entire yard in prep for reseeding with grass). I have been pulling 80+ hour weeks for overy 2 months and Im just about fried.

The black pearl is back in daily duty. I did get the 2'' lift, 4.10s, and 35's on so it is a bit meaner than before. I am trying to do a turbo diesel swap in michelles benz (617 turbo diesel from a 300sd), I aquired a 98 passat with a 5 speed and bad engine (Gonna shove a 1.9 tdi down in there) and I went totally off the deep end with the scout. I decided that since the floor pans needed replaced I would redo the entire rig. Im fitting a 3" body lift to give a bit more room for the 7.3 stroke and zf5. 3" exhaust turbo back. Putting a 203/205 doubler behind the zf and d60/10.25 under it (running 4.10 gears and 35" tires). It should be just about unstoppable. The floor will be 3/16 diamond plate and Im "boatsiding" it with 1/16 diamond plate and maybe some kind of exo cage.

All the work is paying off (both in bills and things done) so I hope to have at least one of the afore mentioned projects finished by the wedding, and another soon after.

If anyone is interested in coming to a wedding and 3 day party the last weekend of july, let me know. We should have enough food and beer for a small army! *****Word of caution*****My family and friends from all over hells half acre will be here! If any type of person sets you off, odds are at least one will be in attendance. We are an odd lot, any and all are welcome.

Punk

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great to hear from you, and congrats to the both of you on the upcoming wedding!! ;Sweet I have to say, I thought I had been busy with work, but I think you take the cake LOL I take it there aren't any plans to head down this way anytime soon...depending on what's going on on my end, I may have to find a way to make it up there...

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad to hear youre still kicking
and congrats on the ball and chain man good luck and make sure to still take care of ur truck

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
mmm... boatsides..... u dont know how many times i have layed under mine staring at the rockers.... thinking how to do it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... You come back like a bad penny....:eek::rotflmao Jus teasen you some. Bit... I'm truely happy your still with us and you and yours making a commitement is great news. I make the same commitement 41 years ago and never looked back...:angel::D Building a life together and eventually a family can't be topped. I wish you two all the best but please... Try to slow down and enjoy the moment. Pictures were all we could afford back then. These days you have so many differant options for recording the event. Find a good videographer to get the special moment... It will be priceless. Just think... Someday there might be some little junks here on this site as contributers....:eek::angel::hail:D Thanks for "checking in". I know I have missed you here....:sly:D

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
There's a guy on the binder planet that put that exact drivetrain in a scout 800. Its pretty sweet! If you want his contact info on that site let me know ill post his name when I get home.

-Jon

tknomaj

Reaction score
Congrats on all that is getting done just Do Not get caught up in a case of BURN OUT. and Kudos on getting rid of BILLS. God knows we all have those to make go away. Just please make sure You have some energy left to stand at the end of the Isle and not fall asleep

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
nice, glad you showed back up. would be cool to meet another member but that would be a long drive:eek:

hope you can keep up and dont burn yourself out!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online