im an official oilburner

MedicMoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After setting up my centrifuge, motor, pump and filtered 20 gallons, i placed 5 gallons of used motor oil, and topped off my front tank with 7 gal of pump diesel. Drove around a while and noticed the motor seemed to quiet down and run a bit smoother. Im liking this very much. It does smoke a little on start up until the motor warms up, but no other side effects that ive noticed so far. Im going to add some pre filters to my process and ive already added a 90 gallon transfer tank to the bed that is attached to both tanks. Thank you to those that helped me get this far!

Josh Carmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! I burn 100 percent in my truck, very similar to yours, but it will not start worth a **** without ether if the engine is cold, and can only sit for 2 hours or so before ether is needed. I forget very very often to switch back to my diesel tank, so I keep a can of ether, also my glow plugs are shot even thought they are less than 3 months old because I didn't listen to advice on this board, and I bought autolite GP's

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the change over. Always good to see another person running wmo.
Lets know what changes you see and hear with the engine.
I was going to mention cooler weather/temps, then I saw Henderson NV, even better for running wmo.
But take note if your temps dip a little and if it starts harder or whatever.

MedicMoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it does get cold here in the winter time, but nothing too severe. the motor has less "ticking" than before, and I love seeing the black in the clear filters!

blue67chero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed since adding the extra filters inline that it seems to start harder. Not sure if it's because i'm in my driveway on a slight incline. I think i'm going to add a holley blue pump to it and see if it will do any better. Plust it gets rid of my mechanical lift pump!

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just set my centrifuge in a 55 gal drum. I just ran it over night.

At first glance I thought you put too much in the barrel and it ran over the top of the barrel.
(need to slowww down when I read)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351