IH Oil Cooler Tube Part Number 7.3 IDI

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well,I have searched the PARTS BIN and the threads and have not come up with a definite answer. Does anybody have the IH part number for the oil cooler tube for our trucks? I am assuming, of course, that the same tube was used by IH and Ford, but maybe I am wrong in that assumption? I am searching for a replacement oil cooler tube for my truck (it is badly rusted but not leaking - yet) and came across IH part number 1816626C1 but not sure if that will interchange. Thanks!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sorry I don't have a part number but.. Plenty of members have spares. I think I have 4 or 5 spare tube bundles. Last I was reading they are no longer made or something like that. Not sure now.. At one time we could buy either an na or a turbo bundle. Then ford or international or both felt only one size was going to be available. so it was the turbo bundle with more fins count per inch. That was a good thing too. We can really heat up the oil when pulling a grade during a haul.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I also double checked the IH part number against the Dorman catalog and they list that IH part number as the cooler tube fitting our trucks. So, it seems like that is the correct part number. What still concerns me is "IF" the seller has the right part number but is actually selling a Powerstroke oil cooler tube. IIRC the PS tube is 1/4" longer than the IDI tube? Anybody have an overall length on a IDI oil cooler tube?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just measured the tube for my 7.3
15" OAL, from end to end.
with the headers off

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate the timely response IDIoit. That saved me from buying the wrong oil cooler tube. Seller used the part number for the IDI tube, but it measured 15.5 inches so must have been for a Powerstroke. No sale!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm sure you can find one cheaper, but looks like jbg has them also. Lol advertised as 92-94.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you end up purchasing a used bundle make sure you clean out the tubes with a rifle bore brush. I think its a 22 caliber brush that fits. But not sure. Any good gun shop will have many different bore size brushes. Just do not turn around the direction in the copper tubes. Push the brush all the way thru. Then pull it back.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you end up purchasing a used bundle make sure you clean out the tubes with a rifle bore brush. I think its a 22 caliber brush that fits. But not sure. Any good gun shop will have many different bore size brushes. Just do not turn around the direction in the copper tubes. Push the brush all the way thru. Then pull it back.

That's is good advice, Gary. Thank you.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry didnt check the PS tube.
i will do that tomorrow if i remember...

just to set the record on the differences.