If your truck is vibrating this might be the culprit

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Here's a nice carnage picture for y'all.

You must be registered for see images attach

This was in my '03. Had a hell of a vibration from 1750-2250 under light throttle. Carrier bearing was bad so I replaced it and the u-joints. The crack is about 2/3 of the way around and is wide enough to see daylight through. $4000 later I have a new updated 4R100 and flywheel with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long did you run with bad ujoints or carrier bearing? I have never heard of ANYBODY cracking an auto bell housing unless truck pulling or serious off roading

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Don't know how long it was like that. I bought the truck in November and didn't recognize a vibration then. Definitely noticed it a month or 2 ago and just now was able to get it to a shop.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
hone that came in with the bel housing cracked the whole way around,. cause of it was the flex plate crackedand they kept running it

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
The tech said the flex plate wasn't cracked but did have some play in it. I had it changed while the truck was apart. No sense in spending $4k on a transmission job and not replace the flex plate while you're right there.

The tech and service writer were both impressed. Said it was the worst they'd seen in a truck that was still under it's own power.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker