IDI Question???

paintedreams

Reaction score
Have a couple questions I just recently put a used non-wastgated turbo on my truck and have noticed that it looks like oil has been running down the sides of the hole on the intake its not real wet just a slight stain. Is this normal? I have also noticed oil standing in the inlet to the turbo. Is this normal?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Any idea of the mileage on the ATS setup?

Now my Banks setup, the oil running down prolly is what the bearings are allowing oil to pass and is being forced out between the intake and the intake hat. (roughly 90k on my turbo setup but runs very well:D )
I had to get a gasket to put in between the Banks box and the intake to seal things up as that was one issue that was causing a loss of boost.
The pooled oil is the remainder of the oil that has just found a good place to set.
The other thing is that the CDR could be not functioning properly and is a possible source of the oil as well.

My Banks setup has increased my blowby considerably and am in the process of adding a RDT to release the extra pressure.

Just my $.02.

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed the same oil residue on my banks(non-wastegated) I was also wondering if this is normal? Also I am in need of a turbo hat or an intake that will fit my application. the turbo is an old banks I bought used and rebuilt, but I didnt get any of the intake system with it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best way to clear up the oil is to get rid of the CDR, and run a road draft tube. At least long enough to see if that is where your oil is coming from.