IDI into Mustang

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
I saw a 5.9 in a stang last night on you tube. About a 87ish didnt look like much but boy was it wicked.Id love to put a pumped up idi into a 89 drop top with a 5 speed!

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
So what I got after being back for a minute is this. I am gonna put a DT-360 into my F-250 then take the IDI and put it into a Mustang. I am thinking carb era Fox. As the EFI era ones are a pain to convert back to mechanical anything. Then I will sell the Stang and it should sell for a pretty penny as it will be the ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD (the caps are for big booming tv voice).

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well fury9, I am sure I could. My other car is a 03' WRX and AWD is the awesomeness of all awesomeness. I would actually end up being 4x4. But a Dana 44 in the front and rear should work out. May have to use a disconnected transfer case like from a high-boy. I found a Rockwell disconnected transfer case on my local craigslist for $50.

Wouldn't it just be a truck if you did all that?

Also, people have mentioned Duramax swaps...those have been popular because they are light (for a diesel) and make lots of power.

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
Well that would be an interesting truck. I wouldnt dishonor a Ford with a Isuzu engine. Its a good engine, but it has a place.

A 4BT would be interesting as well.

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
Well that would be an interesting truck. I wouldnt dishonor a Ford with a Isuzu engine. Its a good engine, but it has a place.

A 4BT would be interesting as well.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i am in the process of putting a isuzu 6 cyl outa a 94 box truck into a 92 c1500 chevy. tight squeeze with the trans but nothing a body lift couldnt help. motor is in and mouted, just gota plumb and wire it.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
So what I got after being back for a minute is this. I am gonna put a DT-360 into my F-250 then take the IDI and put it into a Mustang. I am thinking carb era Fox. As the EFI era ones are a pain to convert back to mechanical anything. Then I will sell the Stang and it should sell for a pretty penny as it will be the ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD (the caps are for big booming tv voice).

i wouldn't bank on getting a pretty penny when your done. its unique, but so is a car painted ***** pink with hair glued to it. dont mean its something people want. the mustang community is about speed and its easy to get that in a mustang. why pay more for a 'suped up' idi that is at its limit at maybe 250 hp when u could pay 3k and have a 300hp rocket that will be reliable. i think if you really want to do this it should be something youd want to keep and have more sentimental value than monetary value.

between 5k for an idi mustang and 5k for a supercharged mustang (seen foxbodys around that price range), id take the supercharged. dont mean to rain on ur parade, just my .02 regarding resale. i do think an idi stang would be cool and definitely unique.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin