IDI didn't start this morning. Time for Group 31 batteries. Where do I buy them?

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has always cranked over a little slow (not too bad tho) but today at 9 degrees, she wouldn't start.

I'll be replacing batteries and cables, and want to go with "group 31" batteries, but I'm not really sure what to look for. searching for SLA or group 31 batteries brings up a bunch of batteries that I don't think would work well starting a car. Can someone help clarify what type of battery I'm looking for? Or at least help me find ones that would work good in my truck?

finitetime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used autozone's battery. 3 year free replacement. I just got them replaced for free after 2.5 years. They prorate them for 8. What you want to bet I have to pay them $20 for a couple of new batteries in a couple of years.

Part Number: 65-DLG
Warranty: 8 YR

Notes: *** 850 cold cranking Amps (1000 cranking Amps) *** 150 reserve minutes. -> 3 year free replacement <-.

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jim!

I just picked up a pair of the napa batteries posted in the first link! My cables are a little rough, so I bought new cable and terminals too.

warmblood58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has always cranked over a little slow (not too bad tho) but today at 9 degrees, she wouldn't start.

I'll be replacing batteries and cables, and want to go with "group 31" batteries, but I'm not really sure what to look for. searching for SLA or group 31 batteries brings up a bunch of batteries that I don't think would work well starting a car. Can someone help clarify what type of battery I'm looking for? Or at least help me find ones that would work good in my truck?

I would find the highest quality batteries you can find that both fit and have the highest CCA (cold cranking amps) available - capacity matters! My Walmart high end battery experiment failed - back to Interstate or other - good luck!

antiqueford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has never cranked so fast!
I'm sure the new battery cable played a big part, but I know the old batteries were getting a little weak so...
You must be registered for see images attach