idi 7.3 fuel filter #'s for drain!

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
the water drain out of the bottom of my fuel water separator was leaking all the fuel out of my filter. I cant find the part to replace that hole bottom piece that screws into the filter can anyone help me.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont worry I had the same thing happen to mine last week. My buddy tried tighting it(reverse thread) and must have had his head in his ****, because he loosened the drain to the point where it came out and stripped all the threads.

We managed to make it work with an oring, but dont ya know it explodes like niagra falls a day later.

To make a long story short, fixed it up with jb weld which stopped it up except for a small drip. I ended up paying napa 45 dollars for the filter with the drain built in. It kinda sucks because my other two filters are almost brand new.

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
Thanks the napa was closed and I needed the truck for the morning. I just got lucky and found an oring I had as was able to switch it out on the drain plug and it stopped the leak. I wasnt sure where it was leaking I thought it may have been from the housing.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
IF your going to napa you can get 3617 its the same as the wix. Also wix numbers are the same as Napa Gold filters, just drop the 3 at the beginning. Be prepared to fork over about $30-$40 for the filter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online