ICM Replacement

GSF35099

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if this performance module would be a replacement for the stock ICM on my truck or is it an addition?

http://performancediesel.com/Mercha...n=PROD&Product_Code=F73LXZT&Category_Code=FPM

The ford dealer just called me and said they keep getting an ICM error with electrical problems on my truck and want ~$750 (part only) to replace the ICM.:eek:

I can't seem to find a price for the stock ICM and not sure if I am getting the boot..

Also, does ICM stand for Intake Control Module? New guy asking..

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ICM makes me :confused: ........

There is an IDM on our trucks (Injector Driver Module)
There is a PCM on our trucks (Powertrain Control Module)
There is an ICP on our trucks (Injection Control Pressure Sensor)
But that I know of there aint no ICM on our trucks.;Really

The only thing on the above list that would run in that 750 range would be the PCM, if you need a PCM I would suggest getting ahold of DP-Tuner and getting a PCM from them.

ahh hell.............. here is an extensive list of acronyms common to the PSD. ;Sweet

Acronyms

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
actually mike the IDM is in the 750-800.00 range :eek: .i priced one for my truck back when i was haveing issues with my stage 1s.

if its the IDM that you need go to Ebay.any IDM from a ford with a 7.3 PSD from 94 1/2 to 2003 will fit and function 100% correct in your truck.you can get them on ebay for around 200.00.stay away from a seller that goes by "texas core"i bought an IDM from them that was bad.no where in the auction did they say it was junk.but when i got it there "BAD"written on it in yellow paint.and where this was written they had a yellow sticky note on it in the pictures.

GSF35099

Reaction score
It was the IDM.. Had no choice but to purchase it from the dealer because I needed my truck and I am still learning how to work on this big dude.. :D She had a bad #1 GP, bad harness under the valve cover gasket and that dang IDM.

She is running sweet ;Sweet again and I installed my chip back in and all is great. :thumbsup:

Well, as I am learning more and more from all of you I will start doing much of my own maintenance to keep this from taking a big chunck of my Christmas bonus..-cuss

Thanks for all the help and the link to the Acronyms.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it resolved, too bad you had to bend over for the dealer tho. We're here for ya man, just drop a line and we'll try to help you if we can.

GSF35099

Reaction score
Thanks, stroker.
I'm sure that I will be asking many more questions in the future to help understand my PSD..:D