I ordered it!

J.Keith

Reaction score
Luk Cerametallic 13" Pro Gold
I'm gonna get it installed cause I just don't have the time.
Who runs one of these and how do you like it? It sounds like it will be a little more driver friendly than the SBC con ofe which was the other option that I was considering.
Anyhow I should have a first hand report by mid week.
I'm sure looking forward to 5x5!!
Joe

Truckie

Reaction score
;Sweet :thumbsup: Let me know how you like it. IM going to be doing the clutch thing here my self real soon, and I was wondering about the Luk Gold. What kind of price tag dose that clutch carry compared to the SBC?

J.Keith

Reaction score
Right about the same price. $2000 installed. I got a quote for a SBC at $1900 but then theres extra shipping to send the old flywheel back so it works out about the same.

J.Keith

Reaction score
I got it installed about 2 weeks ago now and love it!
I've got a problem with the Comp though. When I go from level 3 to 4 or 5 it turns off. the lights all stay on but the performance dissapears? :***: :***:
Anyway I like this clutch alot.

Billysgoat

Rolling Smokeshow
Reaction score
I have the SB OFE in mine, love the clutch until it comes time to back the house up (40 ft fiver) then the chatter will come in. I have never driven one with a Luk clutch, how does it drive? very grabby? any chatter??

One thing I will say for South Bend, their customer service is outstanding, they worked a swap with me on my CON O when I started slipping it that was as good as you can get, IMHO.

BTW, I have 3.54 gears and Ricksons (34' tires) and I know that has a bit to do with the chatter.

J.Keith

Reaction score
It's grabbier than stock but very driveable.
I havn't noticed any chatter but I have yet to tow anything other than our 14' tool trailer.
I've got 4.10's and running BFG 285 KO's
I'll have to pull the toolboxes and hook'r up to the gooseneck and run the skidloader around just to see what it's like towing now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin