I hoped this day wouldn't come...

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
So, I checked the over the truck this last weekend, soapy water over injectors, no bubbles.

Blowby from RDT is a little more substansial than I remember.

Didn't notice any pressure in the cooling system.

My shop had checked over the valves and said they looked fine.

(I noticed that I left out in my previous post that my godparents-from Fort Collins- know the owners of this shop so I trust his work)

I bought this truck used, so have no idea of the actually mileage, odo reads 92,000-so to go and remove the engine and try to repair one cylinder would be a gamble as well as a financial impossibility for me...

Diagnosis: New motor needed :puke:

Parts: $3650

Labor: $1350 - Away at school there is nowhere I could facilitate this repair,

Not to mention that even if I could, I would have the $3650 needed for the motor.

So the benefits 1989 F250 4x4 XLT LARIAT Longbed super cab 4x4. PS, PB, PW, ans so on, newer (10,000 miles) 285/75/16 BFG ATS, 10,000 miles on ruff country 4 inch suspension lift, Newly rebuilt front dana 50 w/ 3.55 gears, brand new transfer case w/ AAMCO warranty, Smooth shifting ZF-5, clutch redone less than 1 year ago, New Ip by Ken :Sly , New injectors, new beru glow plugs - with a brand new spare set, two new 850 cca batteries, non-gated ATS turbo w/ approx 30,000 miles, new air filter, ram-air, RDT, boost controlled propane injection setup. heavy duty tool box bolted in bed - with lock, Factory black paint is still pretty good, just few dings on body, CALIFORNIA TRUCK...ZERO RUST, brandnew silver star headlights , new winter-wipers, tinted windows - limoed on back 3-25% up front, gray int. is in great condition, glow plug toggle, new 2' ball and reciever.

Needs to have the steering columing rebuilt ( is push button start, right now)

Anybody interested?

First $2,000 takes all. Big Bad Mama Bear lays down the law...let the swonking begin... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• dscn0883 (2).jpg
    dscn0883 (2).jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

ramon f350

Reaction score
Nick I wil llet my friend know about it he is looking for another truck and this would be perfect for him sorry about your mom laying down the law

Ramon

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nick-
sorry to hear that it has come to this. considered driving it back to CA and storing it until the summer so you can work on it then? You're taking a huge hit on this. otoh....the vulture in me is starting to drool :eek:
Ramon-
Even though its not running well, it should make it back to TX.....IF you don't plan on just repairing the motor. I'm kinda thinking about this truck too. Not seriously tho. I do need to replace my reg cab F250 since I can't do multiple stops with it when I go into Waco for supplies. a supercab would be nice for those little items that like to grow legs and walk away if I left them in the bed of the truck.

ramon f350

Reaction score
if we went and got it I would probably trailer it back just for the convience of it. I bet we could get her running again and give her a good home

Ramon

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I'm sorry for you loss Man, that sucks. :puke:

On the other side you may find another IDI in the future and have more metal in your pocket.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Holy Crap man :eek: !! You could get more than that parting out the upgrades alone, then sell whats left for 2000.00. What happened to bringing the Toyota out from CA & fixing the IDI on break or winter vacation?

Didn't know it you saw it, but Mikes91 may have a motor for sale in the future.

Last edited:

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Damn... There is times like this when you wonder how long you would have to live in the dog house it you flew down and drove it up....

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
well the shop is on my case about getting it out of there... and theres no where for me to store it right now guys :mad: , im just gonna have to finish college with a cheap truck, makes lotsa money and build the absolutely most wicked IDI ever... ;Sweet

Ramon PM me, the shop owner said he is going to let a few local guys know, id rather have someone on here buy it though... :rolleyes:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jarlaxle said:
What, exactly, is the problem?
To make a long story short, he's got low compression on one cylinder, and can't afford to go through the engine from a time or $$ standpoint. :(

Nick, sorry to hear it's coming to this...god that sucks!!

I must ask, though...what's wrong with driving the truck back to CA and storing her until you can work on her? As long as you're nice on the throttle and depending on where the compression gases are going, I don't see why she wouldn't make it back on her own power...or, maybe someone could trailer her back for you (I'd be willing to do it if time and $$ allow)...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online