I hit pay dirt bigtime today!

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I hit pay dirt bigtime again!...New pics.

I posted an ad on Kijiji looking for a 5.9 Cummins vibration damper and fuel filter head for my 12V project so I could fire up the engine on the shop floor....Looky what I found today in the scrap metal bin at buddy's shop.:eek:.....The best part - wait for it - $90!!!!:sly:...The guy is a rich kid who has a millionaire for an old man and he's building a 12V 96 Dodge for a pull truck and these were parts he wasn't using.....I got a chubby as soon as I saw everything in the metal bin.....:love:.....We loaded it all in my truck and he asked me if $100 for everything was too much?.:eek:....I only had $90 on me and he was good with that....I pretty near **** a brick when he said he had a Dodge flywheel with the clutch and PP.....Best deal I have found in a long time.;Sweet

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... I wonder what you would have paid for all this if you only had 50 bucks in your pocket... Nice deal anyway... Good to find what you want the easy way too..... I bet your going to be watching this metal trash bin closer now.....:sly

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
One man's trash is another man's treasure after all...Christmas came early this year....He bought a CDS P7100 pump and etc to make this thing spin to 5000rpm.:sly

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
One man's trash is another man's treasure after all...Christmas came early this year....He bought a CDS P7100 pump and etc to make this thing spin to 5000rpm.:sly

It NEVER fails! lol You ALWAYS have the nose to sniff out these kinds of deals!

Keep that up and you will have a cummins powered, rust free ford F250 SWB for about $1800 total price! LOL

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Nice man. iv been looking for a dodge clutch disk for a while now..that should be the small 10 spline right. if you just so happen to not be using it let me know :)

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I was happy to get the vibration damper and filter head for $50, the rest was a excellent surprise...LOL...I'm not sure what the engine is going into yet so I don't know if I will need the clutch or not.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Who's trans adapter did you use for your ZF swap? I have a 5-ton flywheel housing here for a block pattern, I have 1/2 a mind to fabricate my own adapter using some steel plate and an IDI trans adapter or something similar if I put this in my F350.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
you mean my plate for my cummins swap? my truck was born with a zf5. I purchased the adapter plate used from a guy. It doesnt have a name on it anywhere. he said it was from a company before fordcummins.com and destroked.com but i cant remember the name of it. but it uses a cummins 2 bolt starter. i had to modify the zf5 bell housing for the starer cone to fit

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
solid steel. heavy sob..i think it is a good 1in thick plate. you can tell it was cut out using a cnc machine.

I just went looking through my 400 pics i have..i could of swore i took one of it with the plate mounted but i cant find it.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The Ford-Cummins adapters require you to grind the bellhousing for the starter - the Destroked adapter uses a 6.0 starter and doesn't need any grinding....But if I can save $1000 by making it myself it's worth a shot. I have a spare 2wd ZF here to use for mock up if I decide to use a 5spd....My desire is to use highway friendly gears with a C6 in a 2wd step side F150.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
yeah i didnt really want to cut my bell housing but when i found the adapter plate, 460 motor mounts, and cummins 2 bolt starter for 400$ shipped..the bell housing was cut!! ;Really

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Not a bad deal, once I decide on the new home for it I will decide on a built C6 or E4OD and then I will make an attempt at an adapter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online