I hit pay dirt bigtime today!

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
It's a 3 bolt starter, all these parts came from a 92 D350 Dodge.The guy is building a 1955 White 5-ton with air brakes and that is why he wanted the air compressor and 5-ton clutch gear...Looking now for a 99+ Super duty body, 2wd with a reg cab. I want a summer driver, black with stainless stacks and an angry cummins for power....Atleast thats the plan....LOL

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I have 2 complete clutch setups here, one from a 92 and one from a 96...I'm not sure if I'm going to use either yet. I hope to build a 2wd truck with a stout automatic so I can push on the go pedal and hold it to the floor.:sly

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I have 2 complete clutch setups here, one from a 92 and one from a 96...I'm not sure if I'm going to use either yet. I hope to build a 2wd truck with a stout automatic so I can push on the go pedal and hold it to the floor.:sly

Maybe we sould research body color first......see which color avoids police radar the most! :rotflmao

I was out in the garage this morning, and found a BIG ass radiator cooler, new in the box. I bought it at U haul when I was hauling a moving trailer for a buddy.....about a year ago, forgot I had it. If dad don't want for his Dodge it I'll grab it for you.....with that much power, you will need it!!;Really

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The more research I do on auto trans with a 12v the more I consider rebuilding the Getrag 5spd for $300-400 with a kit from fleabay and using it....I would prefer an OD auto trans but I want minimal electronics and lockup converter so that's kind of a oxy-moron of sorts.:rolleyes:....That and I would need more parts for the IP and etc to control the trans shift points and etc. The trans adapter I have is from a 92, does anyone know if Dodge had a 4 spd auto in that year and what the number is for it? I Also have a 2wd ZF here if I choose to make/buy a Ford trans adapter for a stick......How expensive would a beefed up E4OD be with a stand alone ecm? I have a 2wd E4OD here from a 97 PSD van that I could rebuild and one from a 94 E350 with a 351w. I want to learn how to rebuild automatics - here's my chance:D...My buddy up at the junkyard will show me how if I ask for help.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I have some of the wiring for an automatic. No PCM though...or tranny controller or things of that sort.

But your going to have to send me one of those flywheel setups LOL

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yes it was a 4 speed auto that year, only three speed was the 727. I think it's an A518 is the code.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Oh good, another pile of junk...LOL...As much as I would like to have an auto trans it might just turn out to be a PITA compared to a 5spd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online