I heard some things i hope arn't true...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the tranny out of a 300SD?

I could be mistaken on this, but I was under the impression that 300SD trannies started out in 2nd, while 300D trannies start out in 1st.

In any event, you probably don't need to replace it...they get gunked up inside pretty easily, but IIRC it's possible to take it apart and clean it out...or even just cycling it a few times may be enough to get the contacts cleaned up enough to work.

Re: finding one in a junkyard, it really might be worth a trip either down to L.A. or up to the Bay Area to a junkyard that'll have better pickings...just get a laundry list together and go for it. JMHO...

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
Is the tranny out of a 300SD?

I could be mistaken on this, but I was under the impression that 300SD trannies started out in 2nd, while 300D trannies start out in 1st.

In any event, you probably don't need to replace it...they get gunked up inside pretty easily, but IIRC it's possible to take it apart and clean it out...or even just cycling it a few times may be enough to get the contacts cleaned up enough to work.

Re: finding one in a junkyard, it really might be worth a trip either down to L.A. or up to the Bay Area to a junkyard that'll have better pickings...just get a laundry list together and go for it. JMHO...

I honestly think that would be a really fun mini road trip some time. I would rather drive up north to the bay area since i know people up there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online