hydroboost

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to pick up a master cylinder and hydroboost unit off an f-superduty after work.

is there any thing else I should grab while out there?

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lines, if they are any good, the power steering pump reservoir, or the whole pump, and the brake pedal if it is the right one for your truck, (manual or automatic trans). And if it a manual and won't work for your truck, I will take the manuals pedals!

gandalf

Reaction score
Get the high pressure lines also, as shown in the attached picture, (going off to the right). You're also going to have to change the power steering reservoir in order to have the additional port. That reservoir may very well be a bit brittle on the superduty, so consider taking the entire power steering pump if it's free. You may or may not need the brake pedal and it's assembly.

It's easier to undo one of the high pressure lines on the power steering pump by going in past the wheel, removing the splash shield.

You must be registered for see images attach

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't know until i get out there. either way I have been considering a zf5 swap if and when the e4od bites the dust

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Whats been posted is really about the best it gets for correct information. The auto and manual peddles have differant shaft sizes so make sure you get what you want. Sounds lke you have an E4OD now but may want to change to the ZF5 speed. If thats the case I would get the standard trans brake and clutch peddle with the hanger and just install it. So what if the clutch peddle does not connect to anythiing. Let it hang there confusing others. I removed this peddle assembly once for a member here. I went thru hell on a hot day at the wrecking yard figureing out what had to be removed to get it out as one piece. Hopefully you are getting and using the 1 5/16 master cylinder on this. They tend to work better with out brake systems.

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove out there for an hour to find out it was a booster off of a f250 he is parting and not the f-superduty. he thought they were the same. it turns out that all he has from the f-superduty is the rolling chassis. its funny cause I asked him if it was the booster and MC off the f-superduty and he said it was. :/ well the hunt is still on.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well thats a **** in a punch bowl ending. Hope you find what your looking for. If not as posted they are available out there and mine is on the market place for a while longer. Then it does to ebay and I'm done with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online