hydroboost pedal pin dimensions

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Im doing the hydroboost swap and i was wondering if anyone had the actual dimensions of where the pin is located on the pedal. The hole will be welded up and a new hole drilled then the pin pressed back in and welded. Just not sure how far it needs to be moved..Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did the hydroboost conversion on my truck a couple months ago, I laid the hydroboost brake pedal (out of a 90 F450), and my stock slantnose brake pedal next to each other and measured the difference.
The hydroboost pin is right at 3/4" closer to the pivot point than the stocker.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
anyone have a hydroboost pedal they could measure for me and take a pic of the pedal next to a tape measure. I dont mean anything by this bike-maker i was just looking for a perfect dimension. Thanks again though.

I borrowed a buddies hydroboost pedal and i put it next to the other 2 regular pedals i have here and all 3 are the same :dunno

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm watching your thread, I've got a 90 that I just bought a system for at the wreckers.

Won't happen for a few weeks yet though, committed weekends.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I think the 92-97 pedals are all the same. however the older models are different. How I figured out mine was to put the hydrobooster in, hold the push rod inline with the booster, and mark the spot on the pedal. Worked perfectly ever since.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, I measured with calipers, not a tape measure. It was within a few thousandths of .750"
I still have the stock (non-hydroboost) brake pedal sitting on the work bench if you need a pic / measurements.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
ok thats cool ill just make it .75 higher then. I did notice the pin is not directly in the center of the bar. and one more ? On the booster rod that comes through and goes on the pin. which way does that go on? Does the circle part go on the top or bottom. kind of hard to explain.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK this is what I came up with. I just bought this pedal assembly and they are supposed to be from an 88 F-450 truck.

The measurement is about right at 2.25" measured from the side of the pedal mount barrel. The picture will show how I measured it.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I measured my stock pedal - same measurement to the center line of the pin is right at 3" via tape measure. I put the booster rod so the circle on the end is above the center line of the rod it is attached to. Not sure how it came out (wasn't paying attention), but it definitely lined up better this way.
The difference in pin height is because the rod in the hydroboost booster sits perpendicular to the fire wall - the stock vacuum booster angles the rod down towards the cab floor.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
All Done and IN!!! Thanks guys

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
I just did the pedal swap - 3/4 inches totally changes the feeling of the pedal! There are no more alignment issues with the rod either!

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference in pin height is because the rod in the hydroboost booster sits perpendicular to the fire wall - the stock vacuum booster angles the rod down towards the cab floor.

Aaaaah...... finally, the reason why! :hail

Thanks for that tidbit of perspective.

Also, thanks to the rest of you for putting in the time ta 'splain it a little further.

Good thread. :thumbsup:

Thanks fellas. :yell:

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the angle on the stock vacuum booster...
Hydroboost the rod comes straight out, no angle.

Attachments

• IMG_5765.JPG
    IMG_5765.JPG
    406.3 KB · Views: 61