Hydroboost - need help

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes.. A pin can be welded on the peddle after you drill a large enough hole in the peddle for it. But I have no idea how that could be done with the peddle still in the truck. I don't recall removing or even loosening the steering colume in the truck I pulled this peddle assembly from....:dunno
gary-
the manual trans bracket is a little more complicated in pulling. everything has to come out.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
gary-
the manual trans bracket is a little more complicated in pulling. everything has to come out.

Yep, even the speedo cable runs THROUGH the bracket...so now my dash is out as well! Oh well, I'm putting some no heat low draw HID bulbs in there anyway...good thing about all this is, I've had all these projects to do, just been putting them off...now they are getting done, tilt steering column, different steering wheel, hydro boost, ZF5, different seat, floor pans repaired, etc. Can only imagine what I'll end up doing when I start on the turbo!!! :)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, even the speedo cable runs THROUGH the bracket...so now my dash is out as well! Oh well, I'm putting some no heat low draw HID bulbs in there anyway...good thing about all this is, I've had all these projects to do, just been putting them off...now they are getting done, tilt steering column, different steering wheel, hydro boost, ZF5, different seat, floor pans repaired, etc. Can only imagine what I'll end up doing when I start on the turbo!!! :)
I'd do the turbo at the same time.
why?
you have the steering and brakes already disconnected.
loosen the fan shroud and lift up the cab to make install of the turbo kit easier.
seriously. it will save you a ton of grief.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd do the turbo at the same time.
why?
you have the steering and brakes already disconnected.
loosen the fan shroud and lift up the cab to make install of the turbo kit easier.
seriously. it will save you a ton of grief.

Yeah, would be nice, but I have to get the turbo to Russ for an R&R, etc...have had the truck down too long now! Besides, I'm going to do some body work and cab mounts in the near future (2" body lift as well to help clear turbo plumbing) so I'll be even closer eventually! Will prolly pull the front clip off as well at that point, do the oil cooler, etc.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I was about to ask Gary who he was hanging out with...apparently they had some good drugs! 7 bolts my behind! lol Then I remembered that the auto looked much easier to get to! Glad you confirmed that Calvin!

Oh well, it's all good, bulbs are ordered, steering wheel adapter ordered, etc., etc., etc. All things I've wanted to do, had most of the parts lying around to do...just hadn't done them!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
If I'd have known what hydroboost was going to lead to, I'd have just sold the truck!!! Hydroboost is in, pedals are in, put the steering column in and in the process the plastic part of the ignition switch popped off, shorted out. I replaced it tonight and now have no power to the switch. Any idea what I might have blown? I'm putting a tilt column in it that is much tighter internally, mine was worn out. New switch, etc. though so I'm sure it isn't the column!

Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
scott-
i can PDF a schematic to you.
you're lucky the truck didn't catch on fire.

That would be cool...lucky, I think at this point I'd have been lucky if it did! lol

I heard it shorting as I was working the column up in, the switch just freaking popped apart, it was a new Ford switch too!

[email protected] if you want to email it

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
check yer email.;Sweet
follow the big yellow wire.

Got the schematics, had a good idea the big yellow wire was the key beings its the only wire large enough to handle a 1157 light bulb! Not sure what is going on, but suspect it must have toasted a fusible link, that's it for the fusible links, they are coming out, hate them!!! Guess it's time to go figure out which in the hell one(s) it is and go from there!

I wish I'd have never started on this hydroboost process! Good thing is, the brakes are awesome! Haven't had a bit of trouble stopping the truck since I installed them!

Thanks Calvin, gonna go get back on it. I had to take a couple days off working on it or I was going to have more than a power issue to fix!