Hydraulic Fluid

wmoguy

Reaction score
Mix it with other products. It'll still burn and because of how thin it is makes a good mixer for wmo

hadn't tried thinning WMO with it. You think it'll make a better thinner than something like Kerosene?

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not as good as kero but still is useable. Say you run 80% wmo and 20% kero. Try 70% wmo, 15% watf, and 15% kero for starters. I'm sure you'll be able to increase the watf percentage and still be able to burn that stuff decently. The fact that it's free makes using it worthwhile. I also like that it's easier to clean than wmo. If I were you I'd just use #2 diesel in place of kero to cut down on costs. The reformulated diesel is basically kero with different perfume and a little extra lubricity.

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
I work for a fork lift company, and have lots of WHO. My techs keep it separate from the rest of their used oil, and bring it back to be in the 5 gallon buckets the new stuff comes in. They never bring me oil that has been changed due to a failure, only stuff changed for preventative reasons. 2000 hr hyd oil looks like liquid gold.

My ip is weak and it rattles alot more running this stuff. I have run it as this as 85% WHO but the engine is pretty loud at that ratio. Runs pretty good at 60/40......that is untill its gotten colder out. Going to run the lift pump into the trans cooler next to see if it helps.

chvycmnslvr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work for a fork lift company, and have lots of WHO. My techs keep it separate from the rest of their used oil, and bring it back to be in the 5 gallon buckets the new stuff comes in. They never bring me oil that has been changed due to a failure, only stuff changed for preventative reasons. 2000 hr hyd oil looks like liquid gold.

My ip is weak and it rattles alot more running this stuff. I have run it as this as 85% WHO but the engine is pretty loud at that ratio. Runs pretty good at 60/40......that is untill its gotten colder out. Going to run the lift pump into the trans cooler next to see if it helps.

I ran WHO at 85% during the coldest part of the year (2010-2011) and even at -20 I never had any problems ... but I did make sure to keep it treated with power service at about 1.5 recommended ratio during Jan and Feb of 2011 ... I spent a whole week running around getting gelled up trucks running again and never had any trouble with the mixture .... I am pretty sure that I had it diluted with diesel at that time not RUG ...