HPR (high performance renewable) Fuel

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was talking to a couple that I met in a parking lot (seems the IDI either gets you in trouble or gets you talking to new people :D). They mentioned a new fuel available in Northern CA. HPR, high performance renewable. I googled it and it looks like they process tallow, etc to get fuel. It comes out of Finland. It is only available in the bay area, Sac and 1 station in Fresno, 18 total. Just wondering if anyone has tried it or knows much more about it. It is about 70 miles to the nearest station, but if it becomes available, I was wondering if it was worth it.

The couple said it ran great and was a very clean fuel. The website (http://www.dieselhpr.com/) said it has a higher cetane level, etc. The usual claims.

Any comments from someone who has had experience?

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im too far away to know or use this, but did read the web page and this line jumped out at me.
"Refinded from recycled fats and oils"
I'll bet some company that collects WVO and other stuff, has turned it into biodiesel.
Interesting, how much per gallon does this fuel cost???

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the cost. I'm in Modesto, CA, the closest station is Sacramento (1 1/2 hours away) so I was just wondering about it myself.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone posted about this stuff a couple months back. If I remember right, it is from "fats and oils" and at the time, it was actually higher per gallon, at the pump, than the dino diesel........

The name is just a Marketing Thing...... to draw attention.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next time I hit sac I'll see if I can find one( I'm a good hr+away) last trip in sac the greenstar stuff at shell (bio) was cheaper.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next time I hit sac I'll see if I can find one( I'm a good hr+away) last trip in sac the greenstar stuff at shell (bio) was cheaper.

The couple I talked to said the HPR was at select Shell stations

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea it might be the same, seems it was at the same price but would not take my shell card.
So I went dino.

Not much help I know!
I was dragging a car for a friend so it was a busy day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance