How well does the 6BT or ISB motors run on bio diesel?

sagebel

Reaction score
Like the topic says, How well does the cummins engines run bio diesel? I am very close to brewing enough fuel for two vehicles. I would like to get an Excursion for her(currently driving a Windstar) and then swap over all of the goodies from the truck to the Excursion(even the tranny) and then trade/sell the truck and get another truck. I would like to be able to keep my options open as far as make (Dodge or Ford). The next truck will be a extended cab long bed. So I just need to know if anyone is currently running bio diesel and if so, what percentage in a cummins engine. Thanks.

Scott

beau55

beau55
Reaction score
My 93 dodge cummins runs like a champ on B100. Haven't had any problems, either.

scrappy

Reaction score
I've run my ISB-E on b2 and could not tell a difference. Dodge and Cummins don't recommend above B20 but people have run higher concentrations with out problems.

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
scrappy said:
I've run my ISB-E on b2 and could not tell a difference. Dodge and Cummins don't recommend above B20 but people have run higher concentrations with out problems.

The newer CRD CTDs do not recommend biodiesel at all. It states it right in the owners manual, but I'm sure people have run it before...

steved

harley152

Reaction score
I ran 2 tankfulls in Utah last year, back to back while on a pretty much cross country trip pulling my 28' tag-a-long travel trailer and had no problems save for 2 fuel filters and loosing about 1.2-1.5 mpg---smoother idle, great smelling exhaust,hardly noticible loss of power(but loss of power is loss of power!!). If I could find it and it was price comparitive(reflecting the loss of mpg) I would run it all the time!!!

Jerry

camara

Reaction score
Making someone a custom pair of Cement Shoes
My 99, 95, 96, 02 Dodges run great on B20. My 1994 F800 with a 8.3l C series Cummins runs extremely well on B20. My Directional Drilling Rig with a 4045 John Deere engine runs smoother & quieter on B20 and they all get better fuel mileage / consumption.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online