HOW ROUGH?

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard or rough are you on your 5-speed automatic transmition? What do you pull w/yours, how many miles so far on stock trany? Do ya think I should get a true trany guage instead of the stock one? Just wondering if I should start saving for a ATS or a BTS trans.

TEXCRAWLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will my trany hold up to a high preformance chip or programmer? What do you or your friends have?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really can't help you here. Ain't had mine but a week and I don't think I'm rough on trannies. Run empty most of the time and occasionally pull an 8k travel trailer. Very little city driving living way out in the country and usually run about 60 - 65 mph.

As far as I can tell it still has the original tranny at 92k miles and it shifts perfectly. The only mods on this truck are a bed liner and a toolbox.

Only other thing I plan to add is an Extang R/T tonneau like I had on the 2000 dually. No performance mods, I'm quite happy the way it is.

poolguy

Slippery when wet
Reaction score
I won't be much help, but I pull 20,000lbs regularly and still have the stock set up. It has been recommended to me by some very knowledgeable people in here to add a larger cooler w/fan, and a Transcomand controller.
I will be adding both.
Good luck.

Oh, and keep talking to yourselves. I really enjoy that!

Chuck

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they hold up well

a local company that use to be a customer of mine at a former ford dealer i worked at, used to abuse there trucks to no end. i have seen how the people drive these trucks, its pretty much to the floor all the time, they are mostly 450's with utility bodies on them hold light building materials going from job to job. i know they change the fluid regularly, and there trucks now are probably into the late 100s in mileage. the last time i interacted with them they were all mostly around 100k, and stick shifting strong

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online