How NOT to park your rig....

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Not one but TWO in the last few days...

First, my dad must have been talking :angel: 'cause his truck was sitting about where the front top of the trailer landed as he was ready to pull out of the yard... fast reverse got him outa the way, but damn!

Attachments

• opps.JPG
    opps.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 111
  • opps2.JPG
    opps2.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Second one... Semi cliped a truck who spun a car and hit something else to make the guy who started it all do this.....

This is the only real access to Sooke B.C. (a little town just out side of Victoria, South end of Vancouver Island) At this point the bridge is closed till they can do some structurel tests, and fix what ever is broken... In english, it is going to be a long time! They are not even sure if it will be open in the morning.... I am just glad I live before the bridge :)

Attachments

• DSCF0009-small.JPG
    DSCF0009-small.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCF0010-small.JPG
    DSCF0010-small.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF0011-small.JPG
    DSCF0011-small.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 112

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
Good case pictures on a functioning headache rack.

I've seen wrecks where the rack didnt matter... the load (usually steel) blew through it like it was never there.

As for the bridge... it looks pretty sound.... its not like it went into the sides after the main arch beam. but ya never know with these things.

And whats the case with the first wreck? get too close to the ditchline or something?

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Just another case of how a headache rack saved a guy from high-speed hemmoroid surgery.

I notice that load of pipe is strapped, not chained. :rolleyes: Probably wasn't even belly chained. cookoo

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
I got a few more... the crane that they had come in was to small, and the crane opperator pushed it a little to far....

And the last one is where they had it off the bridge railing (another crane got it off) note the Commercial Vehical Inspector in the cab :backoff

Attachments

• P1010009-small.JPG
    P1010009-small.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 93
  • PICT0029.JPG
    PICT0029.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 59
  • PICT0040.JPG
    PICT0040.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 73
  • P1010006-small.JPG
    P1010006-small.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 97

Ggg

Reaction score
I can't believe they have at least three firefighters under that truck and no cribbing, hoists, airbags, or anything to stabilize the truck accept for some wheel chocks. That is a HUGE freaking, heads will roll, someone will loose their job kind of mistake. After seeing these pictures even the IAFF would tell you they can't fight it.
Nice pics, impressive accident, I hope nobody was hurt.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
wwwabbit said:
note the Commercial Vehical Inspector in the cab :backoff

i'd have to bleach the cab before i went in, cause you know he must have messed his pants going up the bridge and not over it?? :fan:

how far down is it and what is down there? :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online