how much have you hauled....

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know most people wont have scale slips...but on a good honor basis, what is the most weight you hauled, what distance, with what rig?
not counting rigs..lol
i hauled 26k...33k with truck and trailer at the scales..hauling 2 full size chev vans with roofs cut open...filled with engines and trans..and an s10 cab filled with engines and trans.,on a hitch mount trailer 50 miles to the scrapper. 01 daode ram 2500 cummins ...straight pipe and k&n, i know i'll here about that much weight on a hitch mount but i was broke and needed money bad. and p.s. i was liscened to haul 12k beyond local. ;Sweet GO CUMMINS ;Sweet

Whit

Reaction score
I hauled a shooting boom fork lift for a friend building a house....................pulled it on the scale and bout passed out when I weighed in with a gross of 36,600.........................This was with my 01 in my sig, the only thing that made me feel halfway goog was my tire rating og 6400 each, H loadrange 19.5 tires. I did decide to just keep my speed at 60 mph for the trip though, guess that makes me kinna smart eh cookoo

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
I know I won't win the contest but the most I hauled was my ol chebby which weights 6,900# or more depending. It was loaded up enough to sag the springs. Had 15 5x18 hog panels and miscellaneous stuff. Equipment trailer weighs about 2K and back of the Ferd was loaded down pretty good. I figured the trailer and all on it weighed close to 12K

Hauled it from Albany Oregon to Newport Washington. Averaged 12.1 MPG

What impressed me was how easily the truck handled the weight.

Only problem I had was at a stop light on a steep hill. It was raining and the tires broke loose a little when the light turned green.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
alright, don't flame me, I am much older and wiser now....

my '88 f150, 300ci 4.9liter inline six gas engine.
I was cutting wood in florida, and my boys were loading it in the trailer (enclosed trailer)
it was almost all pecan, with a little amount of oak.

anyway, I was just chainsawing away, and at the end of the day I said 'pack it up'
and they shut the trailer doors.

got home and when unloaded, I realized we had just at 3cords of wet pecan.
a cord of wet pecan is supposed to weight 6,000lbs
so 18,000lbs supposedly plus my trailer, and wood sawing tools + a few guys

even if the weight was only 12,000lbs it still woulda been too much for the old girl.
The truck did fine (flat land around here) but my trailer axles did sag a little bit :)

and THAT is what prompted me to buy a 3/4ton diesel :)

Drew

Mont91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most scaled, 24,000. 1970 Ford F250 4X4 360 pulling a 24 foot goose neck. On a 5 mile very steep grade had to go to 4 low to keep the clutch from slipping to much.

Believer45

Reaction score
Won't win the gross weight contest but may qualify for stupidest tow.

Early 1980s Chevette diesel (52 hp Isuzu with 5 speed) towed a 2500 lb loaded trailer 300 miles from NE Ohio to SW Ohio not once but TWICE. Coming out of Columbus on I-71 I hit a headwind and could not get over 45 mph. I got off halfway to Cincinnati and ran the surface roads so I would not get run over.

Hitch was a steel tab 1x2 stock 6" long bolted to the bottom of the aluminum bumper with a 2" hitch ball. No brakes, just a lot of nerve and no brains.

Dave / Believer45

Billysgoat

Rolling Smokeshow
Reaction score
Well, lessee here, I will be going back to MS/LA area with my house here shortly, it and the truck cross the scales at 23k, and maybe I'm stupid but I normally run 75-80. That is a fairly normal load for me, the most ever on my truck was helping move a friend of mines Grandad into a new shop, we loaded up EVERYTHING on a 30ft gooseneck, including a no engined 4500k forklift on the back as a balancer, guesstimated at 32-34k. Ran it about 70 miles getting no faster than 60mph.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
holtzer1 said:
i know most people wont have scale slips...but on a good honor basis, what is the most weight you hauled, what distance, with what rig?
not counting rigs..lol
i hauled 26k...33k with truck and trailer at the scales..hauling 2 full size chev vans with roofs cut open...filled with engines and trans..and an s10 cab filled with engines and trans.,on a hitch mount trailer 50 miles to the scrapper. 01 daode ram 2500 cummins ...straight pipe and k&n, i know i'll here about that much weight on a hitch mount but i was broke and needed money bad. and p.s. i was liscened to haul 12k beyond local. ;Sweet GO CUMMINS ;Sweet

Five years ago in New Mexico, we hauled 25,000 pounds of hay on a large flatbed trailer from the fields to our stable with a 1989 F-350 with a 460 V-8 with no modifications.

Held the 65mph speed limit between towns, no problem.

GO FORD!!!

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DeepRoots said:
alright, don't flame me, I am much older and wiser now....

my '88 f150, 300ci 4.9liter inline six gas engine.
I was cutting wood in florida, and my boys were loading it in the trailer (enclosed trailer)
it was almost all pecan, with a little amount of oak.

anyway, I was just chainsawing away, and at the end of the day I said 'pack it up'
and they shut the trailer doors.

got home and when unloaded, I realized we had just at 3cords of wet pecan.
a cord of wet pecan is supposed to weight 6,000lbs
so 18,000lbs supposedly plus my trailer, and wood sawing tools + a few guys

even if the weight was only 12,000lbs it still woulda been too much for the old girl.
The truck did fine (flat land around here) but my trailer axles did sag a little bit :)

and THAT is what prompted me to buy a 3/4ton diesel :)

Drew

Was looking for an F-350 at the time... but pulled 11,000 pounds with a '91 F-150 with the 302 about 300 miles, round trip. Actually got her up to 60 mph on the interstate.

Truck did amazingly well... stopped fine since trailer has its own brakes. Didn't squat thanks to air bags. The AOD transmission actually didn't fry... I was surprised.

A month later I had the diesel in my sig. Much better. :)

lukecline

Reaction score
ive grossed 28500 with my 3/4 ton. I was pulling a 24' gn trailer loaded with building steel, the longest pieces were 36' long. Yep the DOT in nebraska loved me! I told them i was a farmer and they let me go :rotflmao ! If they wouldve figured out i was commercial then it wouldve been fine city for not having the correct permits.

luke

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No where close to any of you guys, but my friend bought an old construction trailer for his hunting camp. It was 12' long 7' 6" wide and about 11' tall. No trailer brakes, the siding was coming off and to tail light. Pulled it 175 mile to his camp. I would quess about 8-9000 lbs. It was a scary trip :eek: . Got 15 mpg and it was a lot of uphill driving. This was with the truck bone stock ;Really . Got to love the Cummins :love: . See ya

JIM_C

"member" - huh huh
Reaction score
How about in the bed? I bought some gravel for the yard and the net load was over 4,600 pounds. The truck handled it fine but I won't be doing that anymore. Hell, the truck handled it better than I handled unloading all that $#!t!!!

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck = F-350 diesel w/excessive mods and 92gal fuel = 9800 on the quarry scales

28' steel gooseneck w/2" oak floor and equipment = 5970

15 big cattle 1400 - 1650 each = 21,000 - 24,750

Gross = 36,770 - 40,520

This is a normal load. Been in 41 states like this so far. :draw :backoff :draw

FLRin29

VIRUS FREE!
Reaction score
MIDNIGHT RIDER said:
Truck = F-350 diesel w/excessive mods and 92gal fuel = 9800 on the quarry scales

28' steel gooseneck w/2" oak floor and equipment = 5970

15 big cattle 1400 - 1650 each = 21,000 - 24,750

Gross = 36,770 - 40,520

This is a normal load. Been in 41 states like this so far. :draw :backoff :draw

Damn...41 states,What are you doin,takin them cows on some kind of U.S. tour?The trailer wash out guy's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what you brung him. LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online