How much for this truck?

Tynian

Wrench Counter
Reaction score
1990 7.3 na fleet maintained rebuilt u-hual, converted to 12ft, 8 ton scissor electric over hydraulic stake body dump.

How much should my friend ask for this truck.
will have pictures asap.

Just finished helping him weld the bed on now time for wiring the running lights.

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how many miles?....personally I would NEVER!!!!!!!!!! buy a U-haul truck....cause you know everyone who rents them beats the **** out of them cause when they load it up with all their stuff they want it to run like a sports car so they just hammer down cause its a rental....I have heard of many stories of people putting gas in them too.... check those records close..... I would only consider it if your getting one hell of a deal....

Tynian

Wrench Counter
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Tynian

Wrench Counter
Reaction score

Let me know what you guys think, how much can he expect to sell this for ?
Do one of you guys want it? It has no white smoke or smoke of any kind and the engine feels great sounds better and pulls better than my 94 7.3.
If you guys want me to do the coolant test let me know how, if your interested or know someone who is.

hypermax22

sled puller
Reaction score
i wouldnt give you no more than maybe 6,000 because i only gave 3200 for my 94 4x4 that has just now hit a 150,000 and i know that be a rental truck like that is its got to be raged out so maybe less than that

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have driven a number of U-Haul trucks for various reasons (and most were IDI's, with a couple of 460's in there)...and, seeing how wonderfully they're maintained, I go out of my way to NOT rent from them now. I wouldn't even consider purchasing one unless the body was immaculate and I didn't care what condition the drivetrain, electrical, etc. were in. I'm pretty sure that U-Haul doesn't let trucks go until they're badly worn-out.

Too bad; that looks like a nice truck from the pictures, and the dump bed's cool ;Sweet but U-Haul's version of fleet maintenance scares me! I wonder how many times the odometer rolled over before your friend got the truck? Also, other than the tranny, what has been done to the truck since it was liberated from U-Haul's grubby little hands?

If it weren't for the dump bed, I would think that $2000 was fair (would have said $1000 to $1500 except for the new tranny), but I don't know what it's worth with the dump bed in place...

Tynian

Wrench Counter
Reaction score
heres a pic of the tranny it was cold and windy so I only got one shot but its new.

hers a shot of the engine compartment and accessories

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well U-hauls do get beat a good bit, but you've got to admit, they hold up pretty well because U-haul has been renting the same trucks for 10 or 15 years. They are either well maintained, or just that Ford tough. Last one I rented had the rusted pickup tube, so I got a surprise at 1/4 tank.