how much does my truck weigh?

JourneymanD

Reaction score
can anybody give me a close approximation how much my truck weighs? It is a '98 3500 quad cab long bed DIESEL dually 4wd auto. I was told casually about 8600 lbs unladen curb weight but i need to know as close as i can to how much it should weigh.... close ballpark i mean. i know nobody can tell me right down to the ounce.

thanks guys!!!
DYLAN

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I would guess that to be heavy. My 87 F350 dually, with dump and 9X7 steel flatbed and 6.9 weighs 7400 pounds. I'm guessing the crew cab would add to that, but the steel bed is heavier, the dump apparatus adds weight. I would guess the basic V8 block would be heavier as well, all offsetting or equalling the crew cab, so I would guess them to be similar in weight.

Last edited:

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
just go to a gov't scale and weigh it or go to a truckstop and use a private scale that's what i usuallt do i also usually do it before a roadtrip when i'm loaded to make sure the weights on my p/u are where i want them

JourneymanD

Reaction score
just go to a gov't scale and weigh it or go to a truckstop and use a private scale that's what i usuallt do i also usually do it before a roadtrip when i'm loaded to make sure the weights on my p/u are where i want them

it isn't practical to get it to the scales. I rolled my boxtruck across the public scales before hauling(gotta roll truck scales in cali... didn't want an outta service order. i don't have a boss i can call to send another truck :( )

the dodge has been rolled up on its side, and has no windshield in it(no reg, needs brake/lights, etc). I need to find out if i can haul it on my trailer (7000#cap) as is, or do i need to shed some weight first. (damaged bed, doors, hood, outboard duals, etc)

because of time, lack of tools and desparation(read my sig) I would rather roll as is.

lazermule

Reaction score
I'd say it's too much for your 7000# trailer. I have a 2002 4x4 2500 that rolls across the scales at 7500# with a full tank of fuel and me in it. It is not a dually, so you should be even heavier. I would say yours is around the 8000# mark.

Whit

Reaction score
my truck weighs 9660 full of fuel and with me in it :dunno

my wheels weigh 172 lbs each

big bumpers front and rear

98 gals of fuel

tool box full of crap too

side impact rails are heavy too............cant hardly wait till a lil car runs into those :D

gandalf1g

Reaction score
My 01 DRW 4X4 24Valve EX-Cab Weighs about 7500# with a cross bed box and 150# of crap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online