How much do Pyro's sell for? $$$

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I wanna install one on the 6.9 but have no idea how much those things go for, I have to go at an International dealer next week, and I'll see about buying one, but what's the normal price range for these thing? :dunno

Thanks!

Note: don't tell me they have good deals on ebay, I don't buy anything over the internet!

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Well I gotta look at it this way, it can save the engine from big $$$$ damage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Yup. and you dont need the real expensive gauges like Dipricol. You can get by fine w autometer but dont chince out on some generic 10 dollar gauge

Last edited by a moderator:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL and thats why we buy stuff in the internet!

Some one here was running a really nice digital one that was on..............................ebay
for $60. Had some nice features like a warning light and programable alarm setting. Generally you can expect to spend an average of $150USD for a regular one off the internet + shipping. Issopro or autometer could get more expensive especially if its being sold by a diesel specialty supplier. Suddenly diesels are cool so now we have to pay a premium for everything related.

And if you are looking to shop locally in our very own communist canada, forget it. You will get ***** since it all comes from china anyway, then to the states, THEN to canada and everyone along the way gets a cut before you are finally asked to bend over and take it for the local economy.

I'm in the same boat though. The pyro that came with my used turbo kicked it a few months ago and I really should get a new one but I keep putting it off.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
autometer rep told me (as a salesman not a customer) that a good gauge will run 100+ i got mine at pepboys for 100 and it works great very responsive

Willie Two

Retired Firefighter
Reaction score
I went to a 18 wheeler wrecking yard and pulled mine out of a tractor, cost me $25.00 including the probe. Just took a while to do a nice removal without damage. ;Sweet

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought mine off ebay, $55 shipped, says IH on the face.. pretty proud of that...

Still need a probe, a Hewitt probe is $28 (parent company of gauge) need to do some reasearch, and see if I can find a generic one for less that will marry to it...

Pretty basic gauge, redlines at 1300, maxes at 15.. and says IH all across the face... Now to find a Boost gauge that is same size, and says the same thing...

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YUP!!...

thats me thats runnin that beauty....STILL WORKS PERFECT every day!!...easy to install...simple to use (just look at it!)...great value!..and you know EXACTLY what temp your at...no delays waitin on the needle to climb..its right there..right now!!

get one...enjoy it!!

You must be registered for see images attach

I LOVED mine as well. I need to get another one for my new project.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the one with the sender that is held by the hose clamp?

Or is there a spot on the manifold with threads I'm unknowing of.

I bought a Voltmeter off e-bay for $5.00 with shipping recently. It's digital and works perfect out to the hundredth of a volt, pretty crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online

No members online now.