How long is this truck?

discbrks

Reaction score
Looking to tow a C/C cab & chassis from Mississippi back here and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how long this truck is? Or at least a measurement of the wheel base. I'm trying to see if it will fit on dad's 20' trailer.

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
I wanna say that the cab and chassis trucks have a slightly longer wheelbase than their pickup counterparts, but without a cab-to-axle measurement, it will be hard to tell I wanna say that if a reg cab pickup is 133" wb, then a cab-n-chassis is 137" or something close...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My crewcab is 168 inch wheel base. I need to think about turning it today if I want it to turn tomorrow.... Its like a damn land yaght...

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
My crewcab is 168 inch wheel base. I need to think about turning it today if I want it to turn tomorrow.... Its like a damn land yaght...

Your tellin' me, the difference is like night and day between my 2wd reg. cab and my 4x4 crew cab.

As far as my prior example, those were just my illustration of the difference between the two lengths. A crew cab with a 133" wb would look like one of the non-mega cab goat trucks.:D

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
The truck cc is 168". The cab n chassis is a bit longer. I added an web bumper and mine is 22' bumper to bumper. I think the cab n chassis is just over that. I'm guessn the wheel base is 175 ish. That's my best guess from parking around them at work time to time.

Punk

discbrks

Reaction score
So, with a 168" wheel base (14 feet), plus about 2 feet or so from the center of the front wheel to the front bumper.... say 16... let's say 17' from front bumper to the rear tires. That should fit on the 20' trailer. The truck has a service body on it - which will hang off the back a little, but it should work.... right? Am I missing anything here?

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cab/Chassis Trucks were available in different length wheelbases. My '85 was 190"wb.

I've had a crewcab dually 168" wb on a 18' trailer with no problems.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
My 450 goes on for miles. As an auto transporter, I can tell you that unless this 20' trailer is a goose with some 10k axles under it, it's going to be a wag the dog ride home.

If the trailer has 5 lug 15" wheels, an p rated tires, you could be in for some thrills.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's my CC dually on a 26' long /102" wide deck.
nothing wrong with the truck, it goes home with me when I pick up the work rig.

Attachments

• 05-31-06_1043.jpg
    05-31-06_1043.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 24

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
Towcat:
Are you saying that this haul from Miss. to Cols, Ga with a F350 cc with a utility body on a tag tandem 20' car trailer w/ dual 5200 axels and 8 ply tires will be a ride that will never be forgotten. If the general concensus here is "don't try it" then I will make some other arrangements. I am sure there are others on here that have more expertise than I. Thanks for all the advice.
Foxman

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
What kind of axles does that trailer have and what are the brakes rated for? You poke that puppy up there and youll have about 7000 pounds sitting on it + trailer weight. While you won't have any hills to speak of enroute, depending on how you go, you may be spending quite a bit of time on some uncontrolled divided highways where the bluehairs are required by local regulation to pull out 2 feet in front of fast moving heavily laden vehicles causing you to get all kinds of sideways while giving both your tie downs and your shorts a serious workout :eek:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Towcat:
Are you saying that this haul from Miss. to Cols, Ga with a F350 cc with a utility body on a tag tandem 20' car trailer w/ dual 5200 axels and 8 ply tires will be a ride that will never be forgotten. If the general concensus here is "don't try it" then I will make some other arrangements. I am sure there are others on here that have more expertise than I. Thanks for all the advice.
Foxman
you need to take a closer look at the trailer.
what is the weight rating on the tires? 8ply is irrelevant when you are talking about passenger tires to light truck tires to trailer tires.
dual 5200lb axles tell me that you are either a 7k trailer or a 10k trailer. irregardless, you will be hauling a load near or beyond it's rated capacity and the spread of the load is quite wide so if you are wanting to adjust the tongue weight, you are going to have a challenge. how good are the trailer brakes? are they surge or electric? if they are electric, you have a good chance of getting home without wrecking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle