How do Diesel Excursions do on alternative fuels?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I love my IDI, I'd drive it everywhere if I could, alas there are times I cannot - like when family is in town.

I've been thinking of getting rid of the Yukon XL and replacing it with an oilburner. Anyone know if Excursions do well on veggie and or wmo blends? What engines are good for this? Years? What other 8 person movers that are diesel should I consider? Are there any?

:confused:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you're going to have to pay to play.
it's not impossible, but when you scuff up an injector....it's going to be expensive and an adventure to change one or two or all out...:eek:

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I guess I've heard nightmares from folks with IDI's about WMO - and frankly outside of the FSV failure I had WMO has been pretty easy on the truck thus far. I've posted on the PSD forums to see if anyone has tried.

As far as scoring an injector is concerned - have you seen this occur on WMO or WVO yet?

you're going to have to pay to play.
it's not impossible, but when you scuff up an injector....it's going to be expensive and an adventure to change one or two or all out...:eek:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I've heard nightmares from folks with IDI's about WMO - and frankly outside of the FSV failure I had WMO has been pretty easy on the truck thus far. I've posted on the PSD forums to see if anyone has tried.

As far as scoring an injector is concerned - have you seen this occur on WMO or WVO yet?
I've done a fuel sample on one and am waiting for it to warm up a little before pulling the injectors. night work sucks when it's in the 30's....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online