Full Access Member
Reaction score
front is a d44. you can tell by the three bolt holding the steering arm on

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a front axle and a back axle.

Glad to help :D

I can't believe the seller didn't shoot pictures of the covers. Seems like more and more people don't actually want to sell their crap.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks Like might be 75/76's Low pinion D44 would be 8 bolt as they are leaf spring axles...unless the rare F150 SC 4x front which is 5 bolt and leaf too...BUT they are not the much coveted 5 bolt cause the brakes are dual piston.

The D44 is worth something cause those flat top knuckles are hard to find and off road guys love them! I just sold a set to a fellow who's getting them drilled for high steer arms!

As for rear....likely a D60 or 70 hard to say...

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The older style D44 knuckles are compatible with the 78/79HP D44s? In any case, you wouldn'tt want to use the actual axle since it's low pinion which is ****** and they are weaker than the HP D44s.

As for th rear axle, it looks like it has a VSS sensor on top which would mean it is from an 87-97(?) truck. Doesn't strike me as a Sterling and I'm pretty sure it' not a D60 due to the VSS. I'm not sure when/if Ford used Dana 70s and or Dana 80s for dually axles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online