Hot Shots secret stiction eliminator....

Diesel D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tried to search this site for threads related to this....couldn't find any....what is your opinion on this product?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Been a few threads on hss here and other forums. I still prefer it over others.
If it's easier for you to get, run it.
If archoil makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, run that.
Most important is quality oil and a good oci.
Also, 7.3's don't typically see stiction. More of a 6.0 thing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Matt Leaman

Reaction score
I have not used these products but i work at a local parts supplier, one of our customers is the most popular diesel pickup guy in town, he uses hotshots sticktion eliminator on every truck he works on. anecdotal but i hear it is worthwhile.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks greenskeeper....is there a specific formula for 7.3s?.....and is it a stiction eliminator?

Archoil AR9100 16oz bottle treats a typical 7.3 PSD oil change

I noticed the first time I used it that my oil got darker much more quickly than normal over the course of a 5k oil change interval. Archoil eliminated my "injector knock" as I would call it which was more pronounced when cold as compared to warm, but still there non the less.

When I had the valve covers off to service my glow plugs, the archoil actually cleaned the head where the oil spouts discharge from the injectors....a small circle at each oil spout looked like it was brand new. I'll have to snap a picture next time I have the valve covers off....this leads me to believe that archoil really does remove deposits.

After the initial treatment I have been using archoil at every other oil change.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The powerstrokes seem to stay somewhat clean.
I can't recall if this was before or after running LE oil. But frequently ran HSS.
You must be registered for see images attach

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The powerstrokes seem to stay somewhat clean.
I can't recall if this was before or after running LE oil. But frequently ran HSS.
You must be registered for see images attach

No EGR certainly helps!

The archoil cleaned the area directly below the oil spouts to where it was shiny as new compared to the brownish color in your photo (which is still fantastic and sludge free!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86