High EGT's

cm1hedge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have a low power issue( by seat of pants dyno), no smoke. I could have a boost gauge problem, maybe. I had power to spare going up the hill. The only thing slowing me down was the vehicle I was following. BPV was open completely when I did my downpipe. I know it works properly, because it slowed the truck down nicely going down hill(DIY exhaust brake). Air filter is brand new(DIY). Will swap my boost gauge into a truck with a known working boost gauge. RPM's <2000. Did not switch off 10k mod to check for change, stupid me.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RPM's <2000.

That could be the biggest contributor to your EGT on that particular 6% grade. In my experience, these IH V-8 diesels like to well above 2000 RPM, when you lug them they wont spool the turbo. Drop down to 4th or 3rd (if the guy in front of you is setting the speed) and nail the throttle and get those revs over 2250 on up to 2800 and I almost guarantee your EGTs will drop.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
well guys me and shawn (cm1hedge) swapped our boost gauges and we got our normal numbers out of his truck and with his gauge i was getting his numbers
so basically it was just a bad boost gauge all is well and he will post his numbers im shure soon he is out of town rite this moment i was just posting an update

cm1hedge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updated numbers. 6% grade, 8 miles, 70 mph. Crested hill at 1125 with 7lbs boost(steepest part) with 10k mod switched on. Climbed most of the hill at around 1000. I am comfortable with these numbers. Will be getting a new boost gauge soon. darned Fleabay!:backoff

Thanks for all of the help guys.:thumbsup::thumbsup::hail

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online