Hey Yall

Tatted_tater

Reaction score
New guy here. i picked up an 88 e350 with a 7.3 in it. The plan is to convert it to 4x4. i couldn't say no for the price but i have problems to iron out with the motor and a new tranny to source even before i convert it. the guy i got it from couldn't get it to start without ether once i got it i just parked it so i didnt have to do that. so far from what i have read i am going to be going through the fuel lines and injectors then see what i have. I was planning on swapping in a new c6 and mating an np205 but i am thinking i want to go with a manual instead so now i am thinking the zf 42 five speed manual. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first thought is your no starting could be caused by bad glow plugs. Check them out individually using a test light with the "ground clip connected to the battery POSITIVE post and then touching each glow plug to see if it lights up. If so that one is good, and bad if not. Use only Beru/Motorcraft glow plugs. The others are junk. Get it running first and then go for the tranny.