Hey, need help finding new IP return line elbow

jdkline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you guys were right on. My hard start is coming from air leaks into the injector pump at the return line. I am using a rednecked elbow at this time and this is probably the cause of the leak. Is there anywhere iI can get a new elbow? IH was no help, the just gave me a bunch of crap that didn't work and really acted like they had no idea what the heck I was talking about? Should I try IP rebuilders, welding shops, Ford, plumbing supply, does anyone have one they will part with(I pay shipping)? Either which way, does anyone know thread size on both ends? Thanks a thousand,
J.D.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just double-checking, you're referring to the elbow that goes between the black fitting on the injector pump and the metal line that connects to the line going back to the tank, right?

You might try a different IH dealer. I've needed to replace two of those elbows now, and the local IH dealer had no problem getting them. I can't remember if the dealer had to order them or not, but I got 'em both times without jumping through any hoops (other than driving to San Mateo). IH's part number for the elbow is 606930C1. However, two Ford dealers were useless...they had both discontinued the elbow.

WIsh I could help more...good luck!

jdkline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tim, they might know what I mean with that part #. There is another IH dealership in the area, actually one in Orlando and one in Jacksonville, but they are both owned by the same people as the one I go to in Ocala. But thanks for the part#, in any case this will help with IH. They can't do much for you if you don't havce a part # or serial #.